We spent two nights in Fort William and after walking the length of the high street "menu reading" we decided there was nothing whatsoever to entice us. There are a couple of pubs with transport cafe type meals on offer and a choice of Chinese and Indian that did not look too appetising, so we looked elsewhere. There are one or two very good looking Seafood restaurants but we just wanted "Pup Grub" and fortunately found The Moorings, a canal (Caledonian) side hotel with a restaurant and bar food. We were spoilt for choice with the bar menu and having enjoyed the first nights meal, returned the following evening. The food is good (not fantastic) the atmosphere is also very good but the service a little slow and it appeared (?) that some people were being served out of turn. However, it is not MacDonalds, so unless you are looking for fast service this is worth a visit. They had a guitar/vocalist on both nights who was not brilliant but did add to a pretty enjoyable couple of nights. We would not hesitate to eat here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland