Situated beside the series of locks known as Neptune's Steps on the Caledonian Canal, and with a view to Ben Nevis, this is a great location. The hotel is warm , welcoming and comfortable.
We had a superior double room number 20. Decor is pine and chintz, The bathroom , though small, is fresh and clean with plenty of hot water, good shower pressure and a heated towel rail.
Breakfast was excellent, with a wide choice inc kippers and haddock as well as the full Scottish .
There is an a la carte dining room , but we just chose from the excellent bar menu.
All the comments in the visitors book were favourable.
There are stairs and some steps and a long corridor, so this would not anyone with a mobility problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland