I can't comment on the hotel, only the weekday lunch we had there after visiting Neptune's Staircase. The hotel and its bar are right next to the bottom lock, so we thought we'd drop in for something to eat and drink as it was a hot day and the hotel's garden tables looked decidedly inviting. The hotel's bar turned out to be a rather dated affair, but given that we were going to sit outside, we ordered and sat down outside in the sun. The drinks turned up fairly quickly, including the tea for the 'cream tea', but not the scone. We then waited, and after 20 minutes my wife's salmon turned up, and then another wait for my scone, and then another wait for my sons' sandwiches. The service was friendly and courteous at all times (they apologised for the delays, even though we hadn't commented), but was slow and disorganised, despite the fact that there were few people in the place. Overall the food was fairly uninspiring considering the prices, witness my scone, which was small and suspiciously regular in shape (and I've had plenty in my time to compare it to), and was served up with a small jar of breakfast jam and some packets of butter rather than the pots one normally expects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland