As part of our travelling holiday around Scotland, my Girlfriend and I decided to base ourselves at The Moorings hotel for 5 nights. And we are so pleased we did. This is a fanstasticly managed hotel. The staff are brilliant. We were welcomed on arrival. Shown to our rooms and had all the amenities explained. This hotel has everything. Great bar. Good bar food. Excellent resturant with supurb food and service. Nice gym. Super views. Plenty of parking. Nice downstairs bar. And the rooms are clean, bright and have amazing views of Ben Nevis and the Locks. But the one thing that stands out more than anything else is the staff. They are amazing, helpful and enjoy a bloody good laugh!!! I wish we had stayed longer but will defo be returning. I cant rate this hotel high enough. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland