We stayed at the Moorings Hotel in August 2013. We arrived at about 7 PM after a long journey from St. Andrews. The check in process was simple and the receptionist was helpful. The building is a bit odd in its set up, but I think several additions were the reason for that.
Our room was basic. Nothing fancy. But it was clean. We were looking for a good night's sleep and got it.
The food was just OK. Breakfast was good, dinner just average.
Hope this is helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland