This was a lovely hotel, small, but very nice; the outdoor areas/garden were inviting, and sits right on Neptune's staircase. This made for a very nice evening stroll. The breakfasts were well stocked with cold items and the staff would gladly serve hot items as requested. The evening meal we had left something to be desired and the manager seemed to be "put out with" our group as we were late being seated due to a traffic mishap. The staff refused to add additional seating and said there were seats for the numbers in our group and although a small table was adjacent to the area, they were not inclined to set up so that people could spread out a little. In short, not very accommodating. Perhaps they simply don't care for tour groups. If I returned to Scotland, I would give them another try because of the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland