my partner and myself and a friend stopped at this hotel on sat 9th august 2014 approx. at 1o,clock in the afternoon just looking for a cup of tea and a toastie ,my partner ordered a pint of lager I ordered a tuna n onion sandwich and a pot of tea for two my friend then ordered a cheese n pickle sandwich when the tea was brought which was met with a roll if the eyes .We waited and waited then I had to ask for his sandwich again which another waitress brought with a smile and apology .It was obvious the first girl had not bothered to order from kitchen .This is a shame as only the second time in there and was impressed the first time but wont be back .If a place can charge £17.9o for the above they can ALL provide good service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland