“Lovely Evening with Friends”
Review of The Stagg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Titley
The Stagg Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Titley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I have just come back from a lovely weekend with away with another couple, friends of ours. Lovely food and a great room to stay in. Nothing was too much trouble. A great selection of wines and beers and the cocktail menu is so much better than the normal 'same old, same old'. We will go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy B

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We visited this restaurant twice while staying in the area. Most of the food was good and most of the service was good, but not everything.
Highlights were the asparagus, bread and butter pudding and the amazing cheese course. Lows were the curried salmon and the gnocchi. (My husband thought the gnocchi I cook at home was much better)
There was a piece of plastic in some salad that accompanied the gnocchi and we really expected some reduction in the bill. We did not get any comment other than they were very sorry. I do not think any restaurant should accept bits of plastic in a meal - and a Michelin Star restaurant should be ashamed.
It is undoubtedly the best restaurant in the area, but I fear it's sitting rather smugly on its reputation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a dog with us and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. The service, food, wine and room were all faultless and the relaxed easy going approach made it a joy to stay here. We had to leave very early on the second morning but breakfast was provided without any fuss. We will be back as often as we can!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We've had several visits to The Stagg over the years (we are local to the area). The food is consistently good. However the welcome to the 'pub' is consistently very bad. There was some slight improvement on our last visit. However I am constantly perplexed that The Stagg continues to receive food awards. Surely eating out is about the whole dining experience!? I wonder much longer the poor front of house can hide behind the accomplished menu? Occasionally we return hoping the front of house will have changed but alas we are still greeted with the same ignorance and rudeness.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LexyCally
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I walked in here after having done a 20 mile walk, unaware that it had a Michelin star (muddy boots and al...). It was after 2 pm, so they had stopped serving food, but they let me use the toilet; when I came out they said they would do food for me after all! I had a great ploughmans salad, where I could choose from about 20 cheeses, and great homemade bread and baked apple. Pity I had no space left for dessert!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This really is a very good (expensive) place to eat. One might think its only for the local great and good (there were lots of them when we arrived) but despite being covered in mud, we were found a delightfully quiet table and treated to a fantastic meal. Can't recommend it more highly.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the rooms above the restaurant on Saturday night, and ate dinner there the same evening.

Our food was delicious and beautifully presented, and the service was attentive yet discreet. We had drinks in the bar both before and after dinner (the Elderflower and Prosecco cocktail is wonderful), and Barney and the other waiting staff couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming.

Our room was lovely and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was delicious, with attentive service once again.

We had a fabulous night away at The Stagg Inn and would definitely return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titley
Rhydspence Inn
The Riverside Inn & Restaurant
The Lion
The Lion
#1 of 8 in Leintwardine

Been to The Stagg Inn? Share your experiences!