“Really helpful”
Review of Waterfalls Centre - CLOSED

Waterfalls Centre
Reviewed 24 July 2014

As I was going to travel 150+ miles to get there I rang first. The gentleman I spoke to was informative and really helpful. This was also the case when I arrived the following day. The centre has lots of useful information and the beginning of the 4 waterfall walk is just across the road next to The Angel pub

4  Thank Gareth1048
There are newer reviews for Waterfalls Centre

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The visitors centre is only a small building, but it is filled with useful leaflets for walkers and explorers of all abilities, from the more experienced to families. The leaflets were up to date and well organised, and there were also gifts available for sale.
The gifts are all unique and Wales inspired. The prices are admittedly high, but they are great for gifts. There were also humourous gift cards and postcards available.
There was a tiny selection of snacks and drinks available in a sad looking mini fridge. This is one department where maybe the centre could profit more if more items were available and a greater selection.
However I was thoroughly impressed by the knowledge depicted by the gentleman who assisted us. We asked if there were any events in the area and also about parking. He had the most amazing, fluid and well spoken voice and provided very helpful, very detailed responses. He was able to provide us with the relevant leaflets and also provided very useful information on parking and access. He seemed to know his job very well and seemed to enjoy it also.
The area is beautiful, the waterfalls are a delight, and there are often people of all ages and abilities trekking through the terrain.
I would highly recommend a visit on a beautiful day.

2  Thank MissMoan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A great place to get a good insight into what the Yadstredffelte Waterfalls Walks are about and the history of them and the area, vidios, books, super.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have come here many times. If you park by the centre end I highly recommend buying a map.

Its about 35 minutes walk to Sqwyd Gwadlys (Lady Falls). Its beautiful. Tip when you come to a wooden bridge cross it. If you carry on it will take you to a viewing platform only. Cross the bridge turn right and it takes you right to the falls.

I have been swimming many times but its dangerous. DO NOT JUMP off the top. People have died or been seriously injured here. If you turn right after the bridge it takes you to the rest of the falls.

Good boots are needed as it can be muddy but its very well accessible.

If you follow the river upstream and cross it about 5 times takes you to a waterfall not on the map, its one of my photos Einon Gam. Only really fit and low river can this be reached but I thought I would share the photo

4  Thank Sarah_334
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We walked The a Elidir Trail which starts from the Waterfall Centre. It was truly amazing and as we went mid week it wasn't that busy. We did struggle with parking as the nearest car park is at Dinas Rock which is a 20-30 min walk away along an uninspiring residential road where there are plentiful signs warning about residents parking only. There is limited parking near the centre although a lot of people seemed to park at The Angel pub. That aside it is well worth a visit.