“Rugby tour”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caister-on-Sea
Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend rugby tour and stayed at this site, was clean, helpful staff, good facilities and plenty to do for the kids.. The food was lovely the swimming pool was clean and the beach stone throw away.. We will be returning next year!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Firstly.. we hope you won!!! And secondly.. thanks for taking time to share your holiday experience on trip advisor. I will be feeding all of your wonderful comments back to our amazing team who will be delighted that you had such a great time and that you loved Caister Holiday Park just as much as we do! See you all next year!!! Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I only ever visited Haven holidays as a child and it's now time for me to do the same to my little one. We returned home yesterday after a weekend away.

Firstly thank you to Gavin who checked us in. I'm on my own with my little girl (5) and after seeing we were quite a way from the complex Gavin tried to find us something a little closer but as the park was full was unable to. We did find however that we had been upgraded to a larger caravan. Check in was hassle free. No long queues and although we arrived early we were able to access our caravan. One big plus point is being able to park your car outside your accommodation makes unpacking so easy!

When we got into our caravan it was absolutely spotless no issues whatsoever (the TV did lose reception) however only for a second. One thing I would add and like to see is even though it's a self catering holiday not having any soap or a bit of toilet roll in the bathroom when you first arrive is a pain :)

We ate in the Mash & Barrell mainly for breakfast where the characters join you and cause chaos! Never had any issues with the good and the staff were happy and friendly.

Next on to the entertainment and the FunStars. I don't know where to start. From the minute we arrived in the Live Lounge for the welcome meeting on Sat morning my little one was made to feel like she was the only little girl on holiday starting with FunStar Carrie!

I cannot thank FunStar Wayne and Funstar Sam enough - Wayne for his cuddles and making her laugh and Sam for dancing the night away with her. She had an absolute blast! She cried all the way home and said Mummy I'm really going to miss them! Big hugs and kisses to you both from Freya! Xx

I had my own fascination with a particular Haven Mate which lasted several years and it's easy to see why. They go out of their way and some may say well it's their job but imagine how many children are there each week. When they make your child feel that special you know they are special! You don't get that interaction with "reps" and guests anywhere else!

They do a fantastic job and we loved the games and the party dances!

My last point is about Janet in reception. As we were leaving I mentioned that we hadn't been able to get an Anxious nor a Polly teddy as the shops had been waiting for a delivery for some time. Janet took the time to ring round the other local Haven Parks to see if they had any. The outcome being Janet took my details and will arrange a parcel for Freya to be sent to her when they do arrive - that is top class customer service and really going that extra mile that is why a booking for next year will be made and my love affair with Haven and my little girls memories will continue.

Thank you once again and cannot wait to see you all again!

Keep up the good work and keep smiling!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank MissNikkiT

Hi Nikki. Well what can I say other than Wow just WOW!!!!!! What a marvelous review! Such a joy to read and a joy for me to copy and paste in an email to share with our wonderful Caister team; especially Gavin, Janet, Carrie, Wayne and Sam who did some ‘WOWING’ of their own I see! Thanks again for your lovely comments. Can’t wait to welcome you, your family and Freya back again next year! Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Caister last weekend in March. Really good site very clean, not to expensive good value for money. Only two faults shower dripped out not much power and how cold the caravans are at night. I'll admit we are central heating snobs but advice take extra blankets. Maybe even a heater because the delux only has the gas fire in front room.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Rachal1986
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

We really appreciate you leaving this positive review about our holiday park and despite being feeling cold in your accommodation, you had an enjoyable stay. I agree that the centrally heated caravans in our fleet are more suited to the colder months and apologise that you were not made aware of the fan heaters available in our hire centre at the time of your stay. If you would like to contact me here at the park with details of your accommodation I will be able to arrange for the water pressure to be checked in that caravan to ensure the shower is working efficiently for our future guests. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Caister Holiday Park – 01493 728931

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at Caister for 3 nights from 26th September, a big family group sharing 3 prestige caravans opposite the Mash and Barrel, vans were really good, the boiler failed to work on the first morning but was soon repaired. The weather was excellent for late September, the children were able to play on the beach, and went swimming on the Saturday, we ate mostly at the Mash and Barrel, which is an excellent facility, let down only by the lack of staff serving at the carvery on Sunday evening and in the mornings at breakfast time, queing for 15 minutes for a box of cereal was a bit much and it wasn`t really busy, another person serving would make a huge difference in terms of customer service. We visited the pub once or twice, the pitchers of Guiness went down well, Ernie behind the bar was a great host. Overall the site is very good, some of it is dated, mainly the show bar, the sound system needs some attention, it was not great, however we really enjoyed the weekend and would go back the weather made a huge difference though, it could be quite cramped in the indoor facilities if the weather was bad, the indoor play area was a hit, and there was no additional charge to use it!!.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We are delighted that you had a great holiday last September. We are very lucky have direct access to the beach and it is great news that you were blessed with lovely weather enabling you to enjoy it. You will be please to know that we now offer a buffet style breakfast daily to avoid unnecessary waiting and we are sorry if this wasn't the case during your stay. We have two entertainment venues here at Caister. Our Live Lounge was newly built for 2012 providing fabulous family entertainment in air conditioned modern surroundings and we hope you make use of this great venue on your next visit. You may also be interested in some of the changes we made to the park this winter; from a new indoor play area to a boardwalk providing even easier access to our beach. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed for a 4 night break as part of the Sun Holidays. We had a standard caravan and it really was that but you didn't need anymore. Now in hindsight I should've upgraded the caravan as for adults staying in the single rooms it wasn't the most comfortable however it was ideal for what we needed.

The staff on this site are the most helpful, friends and nice people I've ever come across. I've never been away before and had the staff from every single part of the park go out of their way to be nice and helpful. To the point it was almost scarey like they'd come off the Haven production line.

It makes such a difference when greeted by a smile and I couldn't thank them enough for making our break away so perfect.

The entertainment team work tirelessly and whilst we were there had to double shift as other members off staff had PTO for a funeral. This didn't phase their enthusiasm and energy. They put it all on the line right the way from the start of the day till the last person leaves.

The actual entertainment on the first night was OCD and they were brilliant, sing along greats. Sliver/Slither the next not were not so good but that's just down to tastes. The live@ performance on the Sunday was exceptional and there's some real talent in amongst the entertainers at Caister.

The site itself has so much for people to do from large pool with jacuzzi, crazy golf, hire karts, plenty of space on the play parks for the kids and the Barrell and Mash bar is well stocked and we spent some of the weekend playing darts.

My only gripe would be that the satellite system was playing up and we weren't able to watch the football, but who goes on holiday to watch football...Well if I could I would but that's just by the by. I hope that they get that sorted out as there were a few complaints about it but I think it was a technical issue and nothing they could do. To be honest they'd have been better off having the football off as the jumpy and noisy picture was a little annoying.

Onto the food well so much choice! The Barrell and Mash menu is full of fantastic options and tastes superb. The breakfasts are plentiful and nicely priced. We had the Roast on Sunday and whilst some of the timings where out (had to wait ages for peas) it was fantastic.

We sampled some of the takeaways with Fresh fish n chips from the chip shop and papa johns pizza.

I'm not saying that they were cheap and with a captive audience I didn't think they were over priced too badly. There's specials on with the food as well where you can get discount if you order at certain times. We probably overspent and with the wonder of hindsight probably should've gone to a supermarket and cooked our own breakfasts at the very minimum. But we were there to relax and the food tasted amazing.

The site is right on the beach and I had a fantastic walk along the coast line at 7am one morning with the sea touching my feet and the sun in my face it was a fantastic experience and a beautiful beach (although I did spy some dog poo along the track).

We didn't leave the park but if we wanted to there was plenty to do all in the local area.

I can't recommend this park enough for the type of break we had. For some it may not appeal and yes the park shop is 20/30% more than your average supermarket prices but it's convenience that you're paying for and I can't blame them for that. If you want it cheaper get in your car go 5 mins down the road to the supermarket.

Checking in and checking out was a doddle and even though we got there early we could park out side the caravan until our alloted time so that we didn't have to drive after going for a quick pint or 2 before we could go unpack.

Overall the staff and park were perfect. It was ideal for a mix of 20/30somethings and a 3 year old.

Room Tip: If you book a standard it's really standard. The single rooms are perfectly fine for children (o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ed S

Wow!!!!! What amazing comments!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our park in such detail. We are thrilled that you found our entertainment, facilities and proximity to the beach so enjoyable. Your description of your early morning walk along the beach made me want to leave my desk, kick off my shoes and bury my feet in the sand! I have already copied this page to share with our team as they will be equally delighted that they have made your holiday a memorable one and at the same time they will ensure that any ‘wobbles’ that you did experience (timings with the peas and unwatchable footie - our apologies for that one) are ironed out in future. I proudly share your opinion of our Caister team. They really, truly, care about each and every one of our guests and do their upmost to create a wonderful experience for everyone so I can't wait to show them your response. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon. (I have to go now as a batch of new Haven recruits just arrived fresh off our production line and I need to do a qualitycontrol check!!! :) )

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Came here for a week end in March, only paid £99 for the 3 nights and was amazed at the super 3 bedroom caravan we stayed in. The caravan was spotless and very well appointed, the park is great all round , will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frizziep

Thank you for your great comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday at Caister and that your accommodation exceeded your expectations in every way. I will be passing your comments to our accommodation team today. We are so glad you love our park and we look forward to welcoming you back to Caister again soon :)

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We returned yesterday from a 4 night stay with my 4 year old son and 20 month old daughter. We had booked a prestige caravan and on check in we relised we had been given one at the back of the park, we asked to be nearer the front and they changed up to one which was a few minutes walk, by the chalets, which was much appreciated. Check in was a pleasent experience with my children being given lollipops and the men checking us in did his best rory impression for the children, whilst a lady recommend places for us to visit.
Our caravan was very clean and spacious with plenty of room for a travel cot in the main bedroom.
On our first night we tried the fish and chip shop which where fine, and our second we had the mash and barrel which was again nice but nothing out of this world.
I thought the evening entertainment was excellent, my son particully like 'ash' who spent a lot of time on the dance floor with the children and both children found the entertainment very funny. It was very much designed for young children.
The only downside was the softplay centre which was not finished and hardly had anything in it for under 4s which means my 1 year couldn't go in there. It is being refurbished but unfortunately we where not told this prior to coming and it was one of the main reasons we chose this park.
We will be coming back to this park next year.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mrsmay89

We are so pleased that you had a great holiday at Caister last week and although it entailed a move to be nearer the facilities, you were pleased with the accommodation you were finally allocated. Clearly you were delighted with our entertainment and I can see that our team have gone out of their way to make your children feel special. I will be feeding your comments back to the entire team with a big well done, especially to our fun star Ash, who you named in person and to Gavin and Janet who checked you in.

There were extensive refurbishments to our indoor play areas during the winter and I sincerely apologise that the under 4’s section was not completed at the time of your stay. It is great news that you will be coming back again next year and your family will be able to make the most of these new facilities in full. We look forward to welcoming you.

Park Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caister-on-Sea
The Sea Princess
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Caister-on-Sea
Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park

Been to Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!