“Long Family Weekend Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caister-on-Sea
Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Long Family Weekend Away”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good little complex, friendly and helpful staff, we stayed in a 2 bed 6 birth Caravan, which was lovely and clean however we thought £20 for 2 x sets of bed linen was a little steep, however they were very transparent regarding fess and cost of facilities.

Good value for money and great family resort, the nice weather made the difference as it all ways does!

Loads of things to do for kids up to 15 and very clean resort and secure resort.

Will definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We are delighted you love our park! Yes, having great weather makes all the difference but I can see that you made the most of all our facilities and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, indoor and out. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience here on our review page. We are very proud of our park and wonderful team but like proud mums at a school sports day we love it when others cheer too! We can't wait to welcome you and your family back again soon. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 18th April for the weekend as a birthday treat having stayed here 2 times a year for the last 7 years I know this camp very well and have never had any issues until this recent stay we opted for the brand new retreat caravan which on first impressions looked amazing but not so when we looked closer I had to move the sofa to get something that had fell down the back I was shocked what I saw was absolute filth the floor was covered in food and general dirt also a carrot !!!! Also the sink in the bathroom was broken and the water wouldn't drain away so we spent all weekend with water in the sink also the toilet door wouldn't close we went over to reception to complain and was told all managers were busy and someone would get back to me in 14 days !!!! This didn't help me at all I had to clean the caravan myself after the amount I spent on this holiday I expected more from haven and over 5 weeks later I have still not had a call from haven I have also contacted them and they still haven't responded poor customer service

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lolly220479
I cannot stress enough how sorry we are that you were disappointed with your accommodation during your stay and more so that you feel let down and forgotten by our guest services team. I assure you that our guest’s feedback, good or negative is of the utmost importance to us and it is my aim to find out what part of our procedure failed. Without your name and details I would not be able to find the guest feedback form that I assume you filled in at reception. Perhaps you could call me at the park and give me the opportunity to investigate further. It is my greatest hope that we can restore your faith in our park and that you and your family will return and enjoy future holidays with us. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Maz Howard, Park Services Manager, Caister Holiday Park. 01493 728931.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just got back after spending 3 nights at Havens Caister Park and I am pleasantly surprised how we all had such a good time. Staff on reception were lovely and although the caravan was a bit dusty, is was more than sufficient for what we needed for 2 adults and 1 child of 8. I originally booked this site as we were able to take our two dogs as we didn't want to leave them at home. Each morning we would have a 2 minute walk to the beach and the dogs absolutely loved it. Food and rides are what you expect in terms of price but there is also plenty to do if you take a trip into Great Yarmouth. My son loved it and has already asked to go back again, so later in the year we will be back. Thanks Haven for a lovely break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzie107
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
You are most welcome! It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your break here at Caister Holiday Park and it sounds like your dogs had a great time too with their daily romp along our lovely sandy beach. Thank you for taking the time to review our park and for your kind praise of our reception team. We’ll see you again later this year :) Kind regards. Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night half term break at caister, and we already cant wait to return. We stayed in a standard chalet, and while it might not be the life of luxury, its clean and a good base for your holiday. No complaints there at all. The swimming pool was lovely with big, clean changing rooms, the weather wasnt great outside and with it being half term the pool was busy but not overly crowded. We really enjoyed our evenings in the live lounge and the fun stars are superb, especially Mark and Sophie, and the shows put on were superb. My only gripe would be the size of the live lounge in comparison to the size of the park, it wasnt a problem to us as we were in there at 5 every night for cash bingo but come 7 oclock, people were every where trying to find the seats and as there wasnt enough they would just stand and block all the aisles, surely a hazard and really suprised it hasnt been addressed. That really would be the only complaint we could have, the park is clean, the food outlets yummy and not terribly over priced. The reception staff were really friendly and helpful, one of our lads had a night time accident and we asked for clean bedding, it was back at our chalet before we were. Superb. Thank you Caister, cant wait to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jody S
And we can’t wait for you to return!! What a lovely review, we really appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your chalet holiday here at Caister Holiday Park. I’m looking forward to passing your kind comments on to our ‘superb’ team today, with a special mention to Mark and Sophie as they all love to receive a pat on the back from our guests. I’m so sorry that you found the live lounge busy at the time of your stay. I’m not sure if you were made aware that we have another venue of equal size on the other side of the park called Seagulls which would have been open, but I agree; during half term it is extremely busy and the live lounge is a very popular venue. I will be giving an extra pat on the back to our accommodation team on your behalf for responding swiftly when you needed assistance. Thanks again for reviewing our park and see you soon! Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a late deal(£194) for 3 nights fri to mon for bank holiday. Glad we chose this side of the country as the weather was glorious. The park is fab for the kids lots to do although the swimming pool was extremely busy there could of been a system put in place like a coloured band sysyem to allow people to actually be in the pool and be able to move. The front area where you take ur shoes off was mot controlled in a manner to allow people room to move this again could be controlled in a more orderly manner. Other than this gripe everything ekse was brilliant. The chalet was basic but we knew what we was gettin and it was clean abd had all the amenities we needed to eat in, sleep and wash as most of the day we was out anyway. The chip shop onsitr was reasonably priced as was the mash and barrell pub/bar. All in all totally recommend this park and will definitely book again

• Stayed May 2014
I always think that nothing makes a holiday more perfect than having glorious weather and for a bank holiday we were very lucky indeed. I can see that you and your family had a great holiday and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us; especially your suggestions regarding the pool during very busy periods. I will certainly share this review with our Leisure Manager and also pass your lovely comments to our housekeeping and venue teams. Thanks again for your feedback; we hope you come back to Caister very soon. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Essex
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A very good site for families, with lots going on and a super swimming pool. We were not the target clientele, in not bringing children, but I would like to make a couple of comments.
We had been out for a meal in a local country pub, but left before coffee was served, with the intention of finishing the evening in the Mash & Barrel pub on site.
We parked at our caravan 10 minutes' walk from the Mash & Barrel, and fought our way through driving wind and rain on foot to the pub. We walked in at 9.45pm - to be told the pub had closed early. The ironic thing is that staff remained behind the bar in order to tell us (and other parties who followed in our wake) that they were not serving. In the time it took them to explain, they could have served us a drink.
I accept it wasn't their busiest night, but if they didn't want to have to cover the vast area of the pub, they could have roped off a smaller section to seat customers and to save on shoe leather when clearing glasses etc.
It was suggested that we go to the "Live Lounge" but when we said we didn't have the Fun Passes (preferring a quiet drink to live entertainment) the barman said we should just try strolling in past the bouncer. We weren't prepared to risk such embarrassment, so found our way back through the rain to our caravan - wishing we had stayed in the country pub.
Also, on behalf of the owner who rented us the caravan privately, I have to comment on the cleaning. The owner pays Haven £30 a time for the site's housekeepers to clean between visitors. When we arrived none of the bedrooms had been vacuumed, and the kitchen worktop was covered in crumbs. The owner also told us there should have been a 'this toilet has been sanitised' paper over the seat, but there was none.
For holidaymakers who asked only for a clean caravan and a pub on the action-packed family site, we were sorely disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whybrowwendy
Thank you for reviewing our park. I can see you were impressed with the site and in particular our leisure facilities but I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your accommodation on arrival. We aim for very high standards of cleanliness in our own hire fleet and the same accommodation team would have been assigned to clean your privately let caravan. If you could contact me here at the park and let me know who you privately rented your caravan from I may be able to do some delving and find out how, if or why your caravan clean was missed. On quiet weekdays we do close our restaurant earlier and move our guests into our live lounge which has nightly entertainment and later opening hours. Entertainment passes are available from our reception and required to enter all of our venues and facilities. It is a great shame you were not made aware of this at the time of booking and I hope that this, along with your disappointment with your accommodation, doesn't deter you from returning to our park in the future. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that I can review the procedures in place for our private owners accommodation cleans. Thank you again for your comments. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager.
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A credit to haven from checking in to leaving, staff were friendly, helpful and done a great job at entertaining the kids. We stayed in a 2014 caravan right by the sea shame there's a hill so you can't actually see it but was right next to it so my 2 year old was happy, he also loved the token cars/motorbikes for 50p ago not bad. Overall a great 4 day break... faultless, hope to return soon.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wiltshire_2014
Faultless.. Well, what can I say?? A marvelous review to read from start to finish. We're delighted you enjoyed your holiday in your 2014 caravan and I agree, being right next to the beach is the icing on the cake; so glad your little one loved being so close to the seaside, even WITH the little hill in between! (I think it may be part of the sea defences but don't quote me on that one :) ) Thank you for all your kind comments and please do come back again and see us soon. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caister-on-Sea
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
#3 of 31 in Great Yarmouth
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Caister-on-Sea

Been to Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!