“Great Family Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caister-on-Sea
Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Great Family Weekend”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just got back from a long weekend at Haven Caister with my husband and two boys (7 & 5) had a great time. Checking in and out was fast and easy, a lovely gentleman waiting on our day of arrival to explain what to do etc as you drive in and again at the end to hand in keys as you drive out.
The staff at Haven really make this site, all very friendly and helpful, from reception, Spar, barrel & Mash, papa johns through to the entertainment staff - A really well run, efficient, clean and safe holiday park. We stayed in standard accommodation which was a chalet, the only disappointment, but only as both my boys were looking forward to a caravan - we booked though the sun deal, I would upgrade next time, as although spotless and well cleaned, the chalets have seen better days, but for a weekend this was more than adequate.
The highlight of this holiday is the lovely sandy beach, we were lucky to have a sunny weekend and spent a lot of time on the beach, the pool is also lovely and modern with a great 3-lane slide and good changing facilities, a bit annoying that it's not open till 9.30am due to caravan owners getting first hour exclusive, having young children they wanted to get up and go as soon as possible....but again didn't distract from a great holiday.
I do feel that the charge on the tower slides is a bit unnecessary...maybe up the entertainment passes to cover these?
We wouldn't think twice about returning - but for longer and in a slightly upgraded accommodation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alk81
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
What wonderful feedback, thank you. We are so delighted that you had a wonderful holiday and loved our park and beach. Our Caister team are dedicated to making our guests feel extra special and I can see by your review that your holiday was made all the better for their care. I shall enjoy sharing your comments with them all today. I hope that your boys got over their initial surprise of being in a chalet and not a caravan and hopefully they made the most of the benefits of being able to run about on solid floors (there's always a bright side; much less noisy!) But joking aside, our upgrades can offer a variety of different luxuries, from extra bedrooms to wider living areas and even brand new 2014 accommodation. You can do this on the day of arrival but it’s probably best to upgrade before you arrive to avoid disappointment as we do book up very quickly. We look forward to welcoming you back to Caister very soon. Why not request one near the beach? Our team can add a special request to your booking we do our utmost to meet them. Don't forget those buckets and spades :) Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The park went beyond expectations. The standard van was lovely and clean, the site was marvellous and the staff were happy and friendly. The value for money is amazing and we will definitely be booking again.

• Stayed June 2014
Beyond expectation!!!! Fabulous! That's exactly what our Caister Holiday Park team aim for and from reading your review I can see we're achieving our goals. Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We're delighted you'll be booking again soon. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good little complex, friendly and helpful staff, we stayed in a 2 bed 6 birth Caravan, which was lovely and clean however we thought £20 for 2 x sets of bed linen was a little steep, however they were very transparent regarding fess and cost of facilities.

Good value for money and great family resort, the nice weather made the difference as it all ways does!

Loads of things to do for kids up to 15 and very clean resort and secure resort.

Will definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We are delighted you love our park! Yes, having great weather makes all the difference but I can see that you made the most of all our facilities and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, indoor and out. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience here on our review page. We are very proud of our park and wonderful team but like proud mums at a school sports day we love it when others cheer too! We can't wait to welcome you and your family back again soon. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager.
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 18th April for the weekend as a birthday treat having stayed here 2 times a year for the last 7 years I know this camp very well and have never had any issues until this recent stay we opted for the brand new retreat caravan which on first impressions looked amazing but not so when we looked closer I had to move the sofa to get something that had fell down the back I was shocked what I saw was absolute filth the floor was covered in food and general dirt also a carrot !!!! Also the sink in the bathroom was broken and the water wouldn't drain away so we spent all weekend with water in the sink also the toilet door wouldn't close we went over to reception to complain and was told all managers were busy and someone would get back to me in 14 days !!!! This didn't help me at all I had to clean the caravan myself after the amount I spent on this holiday I expected more from haven and over 5 weeks later I have still not had a call from haven I have also contacted them and they still haven't responded poor customer service

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lolly220479
I cannot stress enough how sorry we are that you were disappointed with your accommodation during your stay and more so that you feel let down and forgotten by our guest services team. I assure you that our guest’s feedback, good or negative is of the utmost importance to us and it is my aim to find out what part of our procedure failed. Without your name and details I would not be able to find the guest feedback form that I assume you filled in at reception. Perhaps you could call me at the park and give me the opportunity to investigate further. It is my greatest hope that we can restore your faith in our park and that you and your family will return and enjoy future holidays with us. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Maz Howard, Park Services Manager, Caister Holiday Park. 01493 728931.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just got back after spending 3 nights at Havens Caister Park and I am pleasantly surprised how we all had such a good time. Staff on reception were lovely and although the caravan was a bit dusty, is was more than sufficient for what we needed for 2 adults and 1 child of 8. I originally booked this site as we were able to take our two dogs as we didn't want to leave them at home. Each morning we would have a 2 minute walk to the beach and the dogs absolutely loved it. Food and rides are what you expect in terms of price but there is also plenty to do if you take a trip into Great Yarmouth. My son loved it and has already asked to go back again, so later in the year we will be back. Thanks Haven for a lovely break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzie107
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
You are most welcome! It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your break here at Caister Holiday Park and it sounds like your dogs had a great time too with their daily romp along our lovely sandy beach. Thank you for taking the time to review our park and for your kind praise of our reception team. We’ll see you again later this year :) Kind regards. Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night half term break at caister, and we already cant wait to return. We stayed in a standard chalet, and while it might not be the life of luxury, its clean and a good base for your holiday. No complaints there at all. The swimming pool was lovely with big, clean changing rooms, the weather wasnt great outside and with it being half term the pool was busy but not overly crowded. We really enjoyed our evenings in the live lounge and the fun stars are superb, especially Mark and Sophie, and the shows put on were superb. My only gripe would be the size of the live lounge in comparison to the size of the park, it wasnt a problem to us as we were in there at 5 every night for cash bingo but come 7 oclock, people were every where trying to find the seats and as there wasnt enough they would just stand and block all the aisles, surely a hazard and really suprised it hasnt been addressed. That really would be the only complaint we could have, the park is clean, the food outlets yummy and not terribly over priced. The reception staff were really friendly and helpful, one of our lads had a night time accident and we asked for clean bedding, it was back at our chalet before we were. Superb. Thank you Caister, cant wait to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jody S
And we can’t wait for you to return!! What a lovely review, we really appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your chalet holiday here at Caister Holiday Park. I’m looking forward to passing your kind comments on to our ‘superb’ team today, with a special mention to Mark and Sophie as they all love to receive a pat on the back from our guests. I’m so sorry that you found the live lounge busy at the time of your stay. I’m not sure if you were made aware that we have another venue of equal size on the other side of the park called Seagulls which would have been open, but I agree; during half term it is extremely busy and the live lounge is a very popular venue. I will be giving an extra pat on the back to our accommodation team on your behalf for responding swiftly when you needed assistance. Thanks again for reviewing our park and see you soon! Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a late deal(£194) for 3 nights fri to mon for bank holiday. Glad we chose this side of the country as the weather was glorious. The park is fab for the kids lots to do although the swimming pool was extremely busy there could of been a system put in place like a coloured band sysyem to allow people to actually be in the pool and be able to move. The front area where you take ur shoes off was mot controlled in a manner to allow people room to move this again could be controlled in a more orderly manner. Other than this gripe everything ekse was brilliant. The chalet was basic but we knew what we was gettin and it was clean abd had all the amenities we needed to eat in, sleep and wash as most of the day we was out anyway. The chip shop onsitr was reasonably priced as was the mash and barrell pub/bar. All in all totally recommend this park and will definitely book again

• Stayed May 2014
I always think that nothing makes a holiday more perfect than having glorious weather and for a bank holiday we were very lucky indeed. I can see that you and your family had a great holiday and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us; especially your suggestions regarding the pool during very busy periods. I will certainly share this review with our Leisure Manager and also pass your lovely comments to our housekeeping and venue teams. Thanks again for your feedback; we hope you come back to Caister very soon. Kind regards, Maz Howard, Park Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caister-on-Sea
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
Holiday Inn Norwich City
Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
#3 of 31 in Great Yarmouth

Been to Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!