“Charming”

Hotel Mission de Oro
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Santa Nella
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Booked a family suite and expected the room to look like the picture on the Hotel website with wood floors and flat screen tv... The actual room was old, smelly and no flat screen. When I asked the front desk about the room in the picture we were told there was only one room with wood floors and he would move us there. The next room was Not the room in the pic either. Then we were told the room in the picture was only a king room so we were moved again to two queen beds at the end of building with a balcony facing the picturesque courtyard. This would be the hot ticket place to stay if you got what was advertised... Breakfast was made order.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lgaskin

Reviewed 18 July 2013

So I took a road trip in May 2013. I stayed here the first night after bypassing my first choice by a couple hours.

I checked into the Hot Tub room and although the room was clean and nice the tub was not in good shape. It looked like paint or plastic was flaking off the tub and jets. There may have also been something in the pipes that didn't belong. The second hot tub room was similar to the first. The staff was very helpful and moved me to a simple king room. It was a great room with a nice patio overlooking a beautiful fountain and garden area. Would have been perfect serenity if not for Interstate 5 along the back fence.

Although the desk staff was great they did make a big mess of my bill. When they moved me to the regular king room it was less expensive.Over the course of the next 10 days they kept
re-charging and crediting my credit card odd amounts because they could not get the credit right. By the end of it they have charged my card over $200 more than the room was but did manage to eventually get it right.

No compensation was offered for this mistake. Not even a discount when I stayed with them on my return trip.

They offer a free breakfast on a limited menu.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have balconies but no elevator. Try to stay closer to the front office or you wil...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Hotel looks nice as you drive up and in the lobby but beware the rooms are a nightmare. Dirty, way outdated and rickety furniture. Had a hard time getting soap for the bathroom which was rusty and in poor shape. Old t.v. remote didn't work. The room lacked adequate towels, washcloths, pillows, blankets, no soap, no coffee maker. Understaffed. Pitiful is all I can say. Didn't bother staying for breakfast as we were anxious to leave asap.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ApoMpo
Reviewed 22 June 2013

A pleasant surprise. Besides several Motel 6s and a couple of Best Western, there very few options on this stretch of I-5. The room was large and had a couch, table, desk and small refrigerator The furniture is old, the plumbing fixture in bathrooms rusting, electrical outlet loose. Even though fixtures are showing their age, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, good water pressure. A hot, order-to-cook, breakfast included in the rate. They give AARP, AAA, and military discounts. The entry is inviting, there is a well maintained plaza area with fountains. The hotel also offers meeting rooms and can cater the event, there is a exercise room.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms looking on the plaza. Avoid 101 through 108. These are lower units with windows and do...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LGoehle
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My wife and I were on a road trip heading back from LA to Napa.We were looking for a hotel when we came across this huge bell tower .We decided to check it out.My wife was a little hesitant about staying because of the age of the hotel.I had great vibes from the place so we decided to give it a try.It was the most relaxing stay over are week long road trip and cheapest.We lounged by the beautiful pool for a few hours then headed over to the bar for a few drinks.We were amazed at how nice and neat the night club was.The staff was very friendly and made you feel right at home.The rooms are dated a bit but were very clean and comfortable with a great working air conditioner.We will be staying their again.It is something to experience.

Room Tip: Upstairs with a balcony offers great views of the courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

What a strange place. It looks like a monastery with its long halls and bell tower that towers over the entire place, it is huge, it dates from the 60's and it has not been fixed much since then besides a few things here and there like the sink and the faucet although the shower was from the 70' s era (or maybe the 60's). Bedding, carpet and paint were faded but not dirty. It was fairly empty and did not feel safe since anyone could be driving off the road, go up the stairs and force any of the rooms. I did not notice any security guard doing rounds or any surveillance cameras. There is a very large swimming pool and hot tub with a view of traffic on Interstate 5. Breakfast is free with the room and is basic eggs, sausages, bacon, pancakes or toast. There is no room service which is fine because, by the time you would receive your meal, it would be cold.

Room Tip: There is no room service.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjlasne
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This place was a nightmare! The first room they gave me had roaches in it. The 2nd room they gave me had a non-functioning air conditioning unit when it was 95 degrees. Add to that the fire hazard of a non-opening balcony door which was jammed with a device I couldn't remove. I asked for my money back and have yet to recieve it! I decided to drive home and didn't spend the night there. They are trying to cheat me out of the money I paid for a room I never stayed in!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Quality Inn Santa Nella
#2 of 5 in Santa Nella
Motel 6 Santa Nella - Los Banos CA
Motel 6 Santa Nella - Los Banos - Interstate 5

Been to Hotel Mission de Oro? Share your experiences!