“Clean and comfortable.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Santa Nella
Cherry Valley, California, Usa
“Clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is very good value for money. Clean and comfortable with a great shower! It is a really good place to stop on a trip on the 5 freeway. There are different places to choose to eat ranging from fast food to Anderson's Restaurant. Room service is available (but I didn't use it because the restaurant is very close and an easy walk).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Santa Nella is such an easy stop along commutes from San Francisco to Los Angeles, Reno to San Diego (this trip), or anything else. Since I prefer to drive late at night to not make my travels into an all day thing, it's a perfect spot to stop along the way.

I've stayed at Best Western and enjoyed each time. It's maybe been a year since I was last here and the place has only improved. Sure, there might be some things missing from the room like coffee or tea, but every time I've been here I've only been here to spend a few hours sleeping and get back on the road. Plus there are a lot of stores catering to the travelers.

The beds are nice, and the rooms clean. I *always* stay on the 1st floor but that's maybe just personal preference.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I love staying at all Best Western Hotels. They offer excellent service with quality rooms and a very good breakfast that's included. Rooms come with microwave, refrigerator, Iron, cable tv and coffee maker. All this at motel6 prices!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Belizeanboy1
California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were on our way home from the Sierra. As we approached the highway going over Pacheco Pass, it was getting dark and we decided to spend the night in a motel and finish the trip in the morning. My wife saw the Best Western sign and we called the 800 number for a reservation. The price seemed in line with most BW motels and we reserved a room. Then we tried to find the check in location. It was not that easy to spot. When we entered, it looked like a place to check into a jail. The clerk was efficient and we were into our room in a few minutes.
The room had a good king size bed and a flat screen TV in addition to a few other furniture items. It appeared clean, but poorly constructed. The sink was separate from the toilet/bath area, a feature that my wife and I both like. The closet had strange swinging doors that did nothing for the appearance of the room. There was also a strange looking divider above the sink. It looked like it was made to fold away, but did not. The room and the bath appeared to have been updated by workers that were poorly trained. The whole place was depressing.
I stepped out onto the balcony and was concerned about falling through the rotten floor. I also noticed the balcony was shared with the room next door with no divider between them. It overlooked the pool area and a lawn that was dying. There was no other noticeable landscaping. Next door was a very large parking area for trucks and many of them kept their engines running all night. My wife was unable to sleep properly because of the noise.
The breakfast room was far too small for the number of rooms in this place.
When I checked out the clerk asked how we enjoyed our night. I told her about the noise from the trucks and she said they would put us in a room on the other side of the motel next time we stayed there. That won’t be necessary as we won’t be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kay7788, General Manager at Best Western Andersen's Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I do apologize your stay was less than you were hoping for and thank you for your feedback. You made some valid points, most of which were being addressed before your review. We expect the landscaping remodel to be complete by the end of the year, and what we call the "cowboy" swinging doors will all be replaced with sliding closet doors early next year, as well as the mirrors and lighting packages in the room. One thing I ask all the readers out there to remember - the commercial trucks at the truck stop next to us are indeed noisy - but the noise is a small price to pay for the service our commercial drivers provide all of us - they are bringing food and other goods to towns where you all live so you can provide them to your families. If you think about it like that, the noise seems less somehow. We also do offer ear plugs at the front desk.
Thank you again for your feedback and do hope you will give us another try

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were quickly checked in by Renee at the front desk. Upon learning that our room had no wi-fi signal, she offered us an upgraded room (at no cost) on the other side of the hotel. When we discovered that there was no wi-fi there either, the GM (Darla) apologized profusely and offered us a discount on our (already upgraded) room. There really wasn't much more they could do. Both offers were accepted and greatly appreciated.

If BW has an Employee of the Month Award, Renee would get it hands down in our minds. Not only did she try everything to see that we had wi-fi and apologized several times when we didn't get it, she even tried to help us with problems we were having with the iPod/clock radio in our room. When she couldn't solve the issue either, she searched for a manual and delivered it to our room . Also while I was in the lobby where the wi-fi was working, I saw her handle a couple 'difficult' situations with potential guests with aplomb and a smile on her face while also answering the phone and giving out room rate information. BW should clone this young lady-she is a gem. Special kudos also to Darla (the GM) who did everything she could to accommodate us.

The hotel is showing its age but the room we had was clean with comfortable beds. TV reception was a bit fuzzy. Breakfast was very good-scrambled eggs, hashed browns, sausages, waffles, fruit, juices etc. Each staff member that we encountered was friendly. The grounds around the pool were neat and tidy.

I would ask for a room facing the restaurant as the other side of the hotel backs onto a Love's 24 Hour truck stop and could be quite noisy. All-in-all we would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the restaurant; away from the truck stop side
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is in need of major renovations. It looks old and tired both inside and outside. It is, however, located in a town with only a few hotels, so the choices are limited. For a one night quick stay, it is okay in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Culver City California, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Wonderful room, clean and green, Staff very welcoming and friendly. Made me feel as if I was at home with my family. I felt safe traveling alone I knew that I could depend on the staff if I had any kind of a problem, My stay was a great experience thanks to them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Red Roof Inn Los Banos
Red Roof Inn Los Banos
#7 of 9 in Los Banos
Maple Inn & Suites, Los Banos

Been to Best Western Andersen's Inn? Share your experiences!