“Great find off I-5”

Best Western Andersen's Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Santa Nella
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I found a gem off I-5 with all I need nearby including Starbucks!! Receptionist was very friendly & made checkin quick & easy. Room was standard with flat screen TV. Room was clean & had all we needed for a one night stay heading to LA. We'll definitely stay again next summer

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Yes, Santa Nella is, in essence, one giant truck stop. But this older hotel made it a very comfortable one-nighter for me and my wife. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked well, and the staff was exceptional. I wish I'd thought to get the name of the lady who checked us in, but she was a gem. (And she was working the morning shift 12 hours later - does she sleep?) A real bonus for us was the Pea Soup restaurant across the parking lot. Yes, the pea soup really is fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Avoid.. This is a over priced truck stop. Semi Trucks parked all around property. Noisy Air conditioner. Noisy trucks. OVER PRICED. Room are very tired. Paid $90 way too much. Of course this is my opinion

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 251royceb
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Clean, good updates, helpful staff. Older facility well kept. Coffee in room. Good noise abatement. Reasonably priced. Breakfast more than most. Good quality food and staff kept the food service area cleaned and refreshed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Santa Nella area seemed to be a big trucker stop. There were lots of trucks parked everywhere.

I got into town around 4:30 ish and started looking for a room with a single bed. Holiday inn was about 120$ per night for a single king bed and was all sold out. Best western was 89$ a night for a single king room, I got the last room. Available at that rate.

*tip - make reservations earlyer if staying in this area the rooms fill up quick in thw afternoon.

The negetive - the internet here did not work at all after 5 pm. I believe the the hotel had so many guest and not enough bandwidth. A common problem with the older hotels. Wifi was avaliable but if you tried to do anything it was painfully slow or would not work period.

The good-
The front desk lady was very nice and welcoming. The room was spacious, clean, and had a balcony. The bedding was very comfterble. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room as well.

The room had a wall ac unit which took some time to cool the room but eventually worked pretty good.

I dont remember if the room had a coffee maker but the front desk had plenty of coffee 24hrs.

They had a decent breakfast of biscuits gravy, eggs and plenty of pastries.

There was also a pool that looked pretty clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We drove to Napa from LA and stayed there after a four hour drive. We arrived at 2am and called for directions along the way. The staff is very helpful and it's a great place for a layover on a long drive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Oh where can I begin? We stopped here because we were traveling from Vancouver, WA to Anaheim, CA and this place we saw off the road. It was a quick and easy check-in and we got the last two queen room. When we walked into the room it felt like a sauna and after turning on the air conditioner it was extremely hot in the room for about two hours. We wanted to take showers after traveling a long day and discovered that there was fresh blood on the towels.....EWWWW! After telling the front desk they acted like it wasn't that big of a deal. And brought us in exchange for four towels one towel to our room. As far as the rest of our stay the room was clean, the beds were comfy, but I will have to rate this place as an average rating. The big issue with the blood on the towels was disgusting and made me not very happy that they took the complaint as it wasn't that big of a deal.

Stayed: August 2014
Kay7788, General Manager at Best Western Andersen's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I am so sorry about the dirty towels - I don't know how it happened so I don't have any excuses. It's certainly not supposed to happen! Sometimes when you have new staff things fall through the cracks, maybe that is the case this time. I am going to issue a small discount on your room charges back to your credit card. Please allow 3-5 business days for it to show up.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Nella
Quality Inn Santa Nella
#2 of 5 in Santa Nella
Motel 6 Santa Nella - Los Banos CA
Motel 6 Santa Nella - Los Banos - Interstate 5

Been to Best Western Andersen's Inn? Share your experiences!