“Absolutely Terrible!!!”

Quality Inn
Saint Francis, Kansas
“Absolutely Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I called and made a reservation on 9/10/12 for one room on the dates arriving on 9/11/12 and checking out on 9/16/12 and for a second room for arrival of 9/14/12 and checking out on 9/16/12. I received e-mail confirmation of this.
When we arrived, it was a completely different story. The extremely rude person at the desk showed that we had a reservation for 3 rooms for 9/11-9/16. When we asked to see the manager, he snottily informed us that he was the manager. After telling us several times that he couldn’t change what was in the computer despite what the e-mail confirmation showed he finally was able to cancel one room. He informed us that in order to guarantee the second room, we would have to pay for it the entire stay. He offered to send us an e-mail with a link to get 7 days at any Choice Hotels at the employee rate of $25 or $35. Feeling backed into corner, my sister and I agreed to pay for the rooms for the night.
When he ran the credit card to pay, he ran it too many times and it was shut off for fraud. We had to call the credit card company at 11 pm to get the card turned back on to pay for the rooms.
There was a motor running every 30 minutes from 2:30 am until 5:30 am next to the room. Needless to say, I did not sleep comfortably.
In our presence, the manager upgraded another guest at the hotel to better room at no charge because there was an issue with her room. We obviously were not awarded the same hospitality.
The next morning, we were prepared to leave the hotel if the issues weren’t resolved. The day manager was able to change the reservation on the second room with no problem. Why couldn’t the night manager do that? I suspect he was trying to fill a quota.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in South Hutch, it was such a good stay. We got there just after dinner and still had time to let the kids swim! We were even able to hang out in our room and watch them swim from there! Breakfast the next morning was wonderful! So many food options!!! Everyone got full tummies (which makes for an easy drive back home to Oklahoma) The rooms were so very cozy, complete with fridge and microwave so the hubby could still have his late night snack :) I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family, and I myself will be coming back here as well!! Thank you to the staff and management of the Quality Inn for making our stay as much like home as possible. Places like that are hard to find, you made it easy :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and had a great night sleep my husband and I and 2 kids. The kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast. I enjoyed the coffee:) I would stay here again. Very nice and good price.

• Stayed September 2012
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

A friend and I were heading to Hutch for an auction and we weren't sure we'd be staying overnight (since we live in Wichita), but I researched anyways and found this hotel just in case. We met up with some friends and ended up staying here. We got in with ease, the front desk staff was very helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. No bugs at all (like other posts)...just a nice overnight room. I wouldn't hesitate to go here again next time I end up stuck in Hutch too late after getting with friends. I'd recommend it for travel as well, the pool looked fantastic, but we didn't have the time/chance to indulge.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I was actually frightened by a couple of the reviews on this site, but I felt I could make my own decision. We arrived in the late afternoon and were greeted by two very friendly people. We've never done this before, but we went right to check out the room before we brought in luggage. We gave the room a thorough inspection and found nothing but a very clean, well kept room with mini fridge, microwave, safe,etc., lots of good quality towels, and very clean sheets and pillows. Breakfast this morning was well done and had more choices than we needed, including biscuits with gravy and waffles, and the attendant couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.
I'm not often in this area, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank gzilla04
Lebanon, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Compared to the other CLC options in Hutchinson, KS it was worth a 5 minute longer drive to stay at the Quality Inn. Compared to the Days Inn (crappy front desk) and the Econo Lodge (older, not remodeled) the Quality at the 50 and Main Street exit was a good choice.

Plenty of RV/truck parking in the back, great beds, and lots of hot water, we ALMOST had to drive back to Newton to find a good CLC hotel. Glad we found this one instead.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Candace R
van buren, ar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My Company works in South Hutch quite frequently !! And most of the time we stay at hte quality inn.The last visit was December 2011. The room was infected with bed bugs!!!! My employees were covered from head to toe with bites!! And the said they would fix the problem and give us a complementary stay. (WHICH WHO WOULD WANT THAT AFTER YOU GIVE THEM BED BUGS) Well they told us they had the room treated and had it inspected also. AND IT WAS CLEAR of any bed bugs!! Well a month later we sent some more of our employess back up to south hutchinson to work and without knowing of teh past situation they rented a room at the trusty quality inn!!. They stayed in room 223 this time and once again they were eatin up with bed bugs!! I calle the quality in to tell them of this problem once again,, and the woman basically told me there was nothing she could do !! their pest company said there was no bed bugs in there IM SURE IT WAS !! Who care if you infest your quality costumers with bed bugs!! they only invest their money into your hotel and pay your salary!! I would never recommend this hotel to anyone... not even a dog!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson
Super 8 Hutchinson
Super 8 Hutchinson
#7 of 12 in Hutchinson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!