“Great service during the State Fair”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Meade, KS
“Great service during the State Fair”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel was spotless inside and out. The front desk people were courteous and their were always people bringing fresh towels to the pool. My kids loved the indoor pool because the deep end was 9 feet deep, which is a rare find nowdays. My only complaint was the breakfast. The breakfast room was way over in a corner down several halls and around some corners from the front desk. The attendant was playing on her Ipad and the gravy for the biscuits and gravy was luke warm (an hour and a half after the breakfast start time). They also were serving the coffee in the very smallest styrofoam cups they could find. I would definately stay here again, but go eat at McDonalds next door.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When I stayed at the hotel the people were very helpful. They found what I was looking for and help me find my way there. I want to Thank them for all there help and kindness. Please enjoy your stay while visiting south hutchinson.

Room Tip: corner suites ar large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I read most of the reviews for this hotel and honestly was a little worried to stay here. My husband was able to get a good rate so we stayed anyway. This is an older hotel but they do a good job maintaining the property. The rooms have been updated with modern decor. We had a poolside room which the kids loved. There were only a few negatives, the lighting throughout the hotel was very dim and it is on the very south end of town. They also advertise having a restaurant that was shut down when we were there. The housekeeping was friendly was always cleaning something within the hotel. Like I said this is an older hotel but, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Having a poolside room is convenient, there isn't any natural light which makes the room very da...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed 5 July 2013

After fundraising for nearly a year so that we could attend a high school State Championship tournament, we checked in to our four rooms for two nights at the South Hutchinson Quality Inn. On the morning of the second day, we were pulled aside by the poor desk clerk and told that the manager had decided to change our rate because of a "clerical error." The new rate was $130 more expensive, and the desk clerk said our cards had already been charged and that we should call the manager on Monday morning since it was he who made the change. On Monday, the manager simply said that he changed the rate because the rate we received was too low, despite having quoted the lower rate when we reserved the hotel room several months prior. The manager refused to change the amount he charged to the card. This was NOT the rate we signed for when we checked in. However, it turns out the manager can charge your card whatever he wants.

Room Tip: Be aware that the manager reserves the right to change your rate - even after you sign a document li...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these South Hutchinson hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed two nights. On the morning after the first night housekeeping opened the door at about 8am and THEN said "Housekeeping" rather than knocking and allowing us to respond. We told them we were still in the room so they could not clean. Since we weren't leaving for a while we put the do not disturb sign on the door. At 11:30am we left the room and took the DND sign off. When we returned at 2:30pm the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and asked for housekeeping. I was told they were gone and the room had already been marked as "cleaned." I told her no, it was not cleaned at all. I also asked for someone to come and fix the tub which wasn't draining properly. A maintenance man came up as I was leaving. He fixed the tub and tried to do a little bit of cleaning but it was very minimal. When I came back at 6:00pm I saw our trash was still overflowing. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come empty the trash. At about 8:30pm it still hadn't been done so I went down to the front desk and personally asked the lady to have someone empty our trash. Finally at 11pm my wife went down and asked the lady to give her a trash bag and we just emptied the trash ourselves. Basically our room did not get cleaned. The breakfast was good, though, and the overnight lady was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband travels constantly w/ his job. Sometimes decent hotels, sometimes terrible. He really liked this place and stayed again for 2 nights when he had our toddler and I meet him on the road. It was great! Clean, very nice staff, good breakfast, convenient location, and our daughter and I had a GREAT time swimming in the indoor pool. Highly recommend this place for REASONABLE rates too. ;-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Pratt, Kansas
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We really thought this would be a better experience. There isn't an elevator which wasn't a big deal for us, but be prepared. The location is good right off the highway, and it was cheaper than staying in Hutchinson. The best part of the stay was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful, and when I asked for maintenance to come look at something, the guy was there fairly quickly. We were upgraded to a room with an oven and a bigger microwave, but after one day we were wishing we weren't. We only stayed 2 nights, so we didn't bother moving, but I won't stay in that room again. The towels were very nice, but there was only 2 towels, 2 washcloths, and 2 hand towels. The tub had no stopper, the toilet didn't flush properly, the shower didn't work (that's what the maintenance guy fixed), and it was difficult to find a good setting for the heater, and when we did, it was on and off, on and off way too much. The room didn't have enough lights and there weren't enough outlets in the room either. Overall we were very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson
Super 8 Hutchinson
Super 8 Hutchinson
#7 of 12 in Hutchinson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!