“Disappointing stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and I both were a bit disappointed by our stay at this Days Inn. I usually sleep very well, but found the very flat pillows on the bed not to my liking, and consequently lost a bit of sleep. When I checked in, I noticed that breakfast was served starting at 7 AM, which meant that I could not have it, as I had a 7 AM engagement. When I asked if anything might be put out early (such as cereal, etc.), I just drew an empty stare from the person at the desk, as if I had not asked a question. I asked again and was told that coffee would be all that was available early. The next morning at 6:30 AM, I walked over to get the coffee, only to find out that the cannister was empty. (I did speak up about it and it was ready about 10 minutes later.) On the positive side, the room was clean and the TV was good. I did find the price for this motel to be rather high (though, I suppose, not out of the usual range for the area).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hi there Travelerwithbudget49,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with you stay here. Our breakfast is served from 6:30-9:30am on weekdays, and we try to accommodate later schedules by serving it from 7-10am on Saturday and Sunday. As for the pillows, they are consistent with our brand standard, and I apologize that they were not what you anticipated.

Thanks for complimenting our TV's! Our newly installed cable is working out nicely.

Please do give us another chance and come back to visit.

Guest Care Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Bonne Terre, Missouri
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Myself and my wife stayed fri 6/20 thru sun 6/22. Service was great. Room was a nightmare. Ac barely worked. Water temp varied drastically. Bathroom light flickered. No comforter. Bed felt like sleeping on a board. No fridge/microwave. Outdated tv/facilities. Floors sloped to one side in hallways. Toilet handle didn't work. Holes in walls. Old doorway boarded up in wall. No power outlets. Front desk clerk ignored when I stated there were problems at checkout. WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN!

Room Tip: Rooms are very rundown, don't waste your time.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zach T
Hi Zach T,

I regret to hear that you did not have a nice time while staying with us. Please remember that you can always bring concerns to us during the stay. If we don't hear about them until checkout, we cannot remedy things like broken AC or plumbing issues.

Our bathroom light bulbs actually flicker when turned on, one of their power saving and energy efficient qualities. I apologize if this was not to your satisfaction.

Thanks you for complimenting our service. We are very proud of our team and are glad they could make your stay better.

Thanks for taking the time to review,

Travellers are raving about these Sunset Hills hotels

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is an older property whose high point is that room 119 was at least clean and had a good mattress on Saturday, June 14, 2014. However, the shower temperature could not be raised above a cool level on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, I had a 7AM meeting and thus no time to ask for a different room closer to the water heater! I do not expect to be staying in Days Inn properties again.

Room Tip: Demand that the front desk not assign you to a room with known slow delivery of warm water, especial...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hello Elrond 418,

We appreciate your feedback and review. It is helpful for us to see what needs to be addressed here. I apologize that the water temperature was not comfortable for you; guest comfort is our highest priority, Please do return and allow us to show you how great a stay here vcan be.

Regards,

Guest Care
Saint Louis
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall the staff was nice, but location was too far from Six Flags, I thought it was closer. We had a room with 2 beds, and they were too small for 2 teens to sleep on. There also wasn't a microwave in the room. I would choose the Hilton next time. Also water pressure was poor and kept changing from hot to cold.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hey Robert B,

We appreciate your taking the time to write this review.

Our friendly staff is a huge asset, and always a great source of information. You can always ask about distance to great St. Louis attractions, and they are more than happy to help. If Six Flags is your only destination, there certainly are closer places. If your goal while here is to get a good taste of St. Louis and see the Arch or other downtown sites, then we are in a more favorable location.

The beds here are doubles (also referred to as full size), and I hope that we didn't mis-advertise their size. Our suites may be a better option next time, as they have three beds and more space. We also have king rooms, if that is preferable.

Safe travels and enjoy your summer vacationing,

Wailuku, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 June 2014

They have several areas for kids enclosed in an inner courtyard - a pool, a games area, giant chess or checkers, seating for adults to watch or tables to play cards, and another room with a volleyball/badminton net. This looks like it use to be an older Travelodge type place and they enclosed the courtyard with the rooms all the way around. It seems to be a "destination" of sorts for families on weekends as they were quite busy on the weekend so your kids have quite a few others to play with. They have modified/combined some rooms to make a 6 person suite - one bathroom with only a toilet & sink, the adjoining bathroom - with shower and sink only. Their "continental" breakfasts are quite a bit more than the usual - scrambled eggs, waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal, biscuits and sausage gravy. Although the stairs leading between floors are a bit worn and modifications to enclose the courtyard and join the buildings are somewhat unconventional, the rooms are very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff is knowledgeable, gracious and extremely helpful. This is our second visit this year and we thoroughly enjoyed it and will come again if we are in the area. Also, they have coin-op washers and dryers for the guests which were in good shape and not too expensive.

Room Tip: King bed rooms face the parking lot and are somewhat quieter than suites which open onto inner court...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello ChrisBaden!

I'd like to personally thank you for the wonderful review. It sounds like you and your family had a great time, and that is exactly why we are here. Our breakfast isn't half bad, if I do say so myself, and we simply adore our amazing staff.

Please do return and visit when you are in the area again.

Happy summer!

Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard? Share your experiences!