“Rock Star Front desk staff”

Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We arrived about 9pm on Monday, when we got to our room someone have evidently smoked in our non smoking suite. They upgraded us to an even bigger suite and the king sized bed appeared to be new. It was super comfy. I am glad that I brought my own pillow cuz theirs are flat, but for paying only about 70$/nt through expedia, could not complain.

We actually had some friends flying in to meet us from New England, and the day of they put balloons and welcome packages in. Their room as a surprise when they got in, going above and beyond. Also, we noticed while waking through that literally every suite but ours had a love seat type chair in the room. They gladly switched our chairs to a love seat.

Throughout our stay the front desk staff were very professional.

The only down side to this was that there was this old lady who managed the breakfast area that was super rude! Our 16 yr old wasn't allowed to ladle her own gravy, the old lady grabbed the ladle out of her hand and said no. Lol! It was so ridiculous. She came back to the room and told us what happens, all we could say was, so you are allowed to drives 2 ton vehicle down the road but heaven forbid you ladle your own food. Lol! Wow! Then we had another run in with her with her yelling at our friend over something to do with the pancake maker. Haha it was dumb, she is just a cranky old bitty.

Watch out for where you park though, we had the door of our rental car dented, and we are waiting to hear back if the can see who keyed/dented our car.

Overall we would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a 3 bed suite, this is where they have started to upgrade and they are really quiet. Also, if...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly M
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Thank you for taking to time to review our location. We too, love our staff.

Nancy

There are newer reviews for Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel for a week while visiting Six flags and other attractions. We checked out and forgot a flower pot that was purchased. I called back the same day that I checked out and informed them that the pot was forgotten by us. I was informed by management that it would be shipped. I called every two days to see if it had been shipped and finally on the 13th day, I was informed that it had been shipped that morning. Well, when I received it, it was in a hundred pieces. I called UPS and they said that the hotel didn't pack it correctly so that they are not responsible. I called Days Inn back and informed the manager, Ann, of what was said. She said that she would check into it and call me back. UPS told her the same thing. Ann called me and said that ups said that it wasn't packed correctly, so she said she will refer me to her district manager. The district manager finally called me and he was such a jerk (that's a nice way to put it) but it's not what I want to call him. His first statement was that they are a hotel not a shipping company so they are not to blame. He said that I should have had ups to pick it up instead of the hotel sending it. He then stated that I need to take some blame for leaving the pot. I said why do you have an attitude? He again stated that they are a hotel and that the price of the pot and the 50 bucks to ship it to me was my responsiblility. His whole tone was rude and very angry. I will never stay at this place again. And to think we had 5 rooms and stayed an entire week with them and for him to be so rude was really uncalled for.

3  Thank msvrgina
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear msvrgina,

I am very sorry to hear that your overall experience was marred by our handling of the flower pot. Often, if the item left behind is important or fragile, it is best to use a shipping company to handle its transport. I do apologize that you did not feel that our staff was courteous and helpful.

Take care,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I thought for the price i paid the room we got was bad/nasty. after paying 150.00 for a "suite" i was truly disappointed. The room looks like it was once two rooms that were converted into one. the separate sleeping areas were not divided by a door or wall of any kind. The bathroom was dirty and even had blood on the wall. I work in a hospital so I do know what dried blood looks like. The sink was gross. The paint on the bathroom walls was peeling. The sheets on one of the beds were stained. and there were not enough covers for all three of the beds. The walls are very thin so you can hear everything going on outside of your room. They do have a big play/pool area. but it is dirty and right ouside of the rooms. They did have a good breakfast. thats the only good thing i have to say about it. Dont waste your money!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lisaprince85
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello lisaprince85,

I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope our staff was able to help provide you with more blankets, as we are always available to assist to with requests. As for the safety and sanitation concerns, please know that we do our best to ensure that we respond as soon as these are reported to us. Your comments on the peeling paint will be taken into account during renovations.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy breakfast, after all else.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us these remarks and suggestions, as we use guest comments to improve the experience that we provide here.

Have a safe and happy summer,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I took a chance and booked the Days Inn at a bargain rate for four nights. For a family of five, the "suites" are great, since the kids' beds were separate from the adults by two bathrooms and a hall. The rooms themselves are basic, a little dated, but perfectly fine for a family vacation when you just need a clean place to crash each night after hauling your kids around the city. (FYI- The suites are really just two rooms with the wall knocked down between them.) The breakfast served each morning was good, and the workers kept it replenished pretty continually. We did eat before 8am every day we were there, so I'm not sure what it looks like after that, but it's served till 9:30. It was a little annoying that there is an indoor playground right by the breakfast room, but kids aren't allowed to play on it until 10am. We only really had an issue with this one day though, since we had places to go in the city every morning. The pool area was nice and clean, with towels provided if you don't bring them. Our only real complaint about the hotel would be the decisions made about the AC units when they renovated. Our "suite" only had one AC unit, the other had been taken out when the suite was made, and a fan was left in the room to blow the air from the room with the AC to the non-AC room. It never really got cool. Also, many of the interior rooms have AC units that blow out into the common area, making it almost unbearably hot in the halls upstairs. But, this wasn't a huge thing, and for the price, location, and amenities, it wouldn't stop me from booking again. Also, the restaurant attached to the hotel is a decent little place, with a separate restaurant area from the sports bar. We ate there one night during a USA World Cup game, and while the sports bar was packed, the restaurant was nice and calm.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hey jessicann80,

Such a detailed review! Thanks for your complimentary comments. We are so glad to have provided you clean and comfortable accommodations. Your notes about our AC units are duly noted, and we will think about this when making renovations in the futures.

We hope you visit again when you're back in the Lou!

Happy travels this summer,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I thought it was great how the building enclosed an area which was contained by all the rooms; It was fantastic to have such a large covered area in the center to be able to hangout in with a nature theme. The breakfast was great too! However, ejecting the heat from the rooms into the center of the building with the air conditioners was not a good idea. It kinda made walking into your room or standing outside of it a bit uncomfortable. Additionally, air units will not run as efficiently the hotter the environment gets which it dumps the heat into increasing the power usage and cost to operate them. Regardless, the heat is enjoyed by those who swim in the pool.
The folks who worked the front desk were a bit drab. It is kinda nice to be greeted and welcomed after traveling for a long time, but they seemed to just be there to process my stay. For the price the place was ok though and is great if you have kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Hi 516Brandon_M,

We're so glad you liked our family friendly lobby area! The pool, playground, arcade, and open seating are our favorite aspects of the hotel-fun for everyone! I do see what you mean about the place warming up when we have a lot of ac units running, and I will bring this to the attention of the owner and maintenance staff.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts! Please remember us when you come back to the area, and don't forget to bring your kids:)

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked this hotel for 2 nights due to a scheduled surgery at a nearby hospital. Checked in and went to the room which was a 3 bed suite so as to be satisfactory for 4 of us with one adult needing to rest postoperatively. The room was old, run down, and just overall dirty. Bathroom was old and dirty with cracked tiles. Mirror in the room had what appeared to be the remnants of someone who picked their ears, nose, etc. Room had an old musty smell to it with an air conditioner that barely functioned as a matter a fact I noticed all these type rooms had in place a box fan on the floor to assist in cooling the first room. Fortunately I went straight to desk and checked out. Since it was before 4 pm, I was able to get a cancellation without charges. Went down the road to Drury Inn and booked a suite (2 queens and a pull out) with a rate that was 55.00 more per night BUT it was a very nice room AND included with that rate an adult beverage reception, a full buffet supper each night along with a complete hot breakfast. Complementary cocktails, full breakfast, and buffet supper was well worth the price not to mention that the room was very nice and not the dump that I consider the Days Inn to be.

Hello David N,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that our facilities were not up to your expectations. Thank you for brining your concerns to us before you left, as we were able to have maintenance visit the room the same day.

We try to offer discounted hospital rates for those having appointments in the area, and even if we were not able to offer you what you hoped, I am glad that you found our location in the first place.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and I both were a bit disappointed by our stay at this Days Inn. I usually sleep very well, but found the very flat pillows on the bed not to my liking, and consequently lost a bit of sleep. When I checked in, I noticed that breakfast was served starting at 7 AM, which meant that I could not have it, as I had a 7 AM engagement. When I asked if anything might be put out early (such as cereal, etc.), I just drew an empty stare from the person at the desk, as if I had not asked a question. I asked again and was told that coffee would be all that was available early. The next morning at 6:30 AM, I walked over to get the coffee, only to find out that the cannister was empty. (I did speak up about it and it was ready about 10 minutes later.) On the positive side, the room was clean and the TV was good. I did find the price for this motel to be rather high (though, I suppose, not out of the usual range for the area).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi there Travelerwithbudget49,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with you stay here. Our breakfast is served from 6:30-9:30am on weekdays, and we try to accommodate later schedules by serving it from 7-10am on Saturday and Sunday. As for the pillows, they are consistent with our brand standard, and I apologize that they were not what you anticipated.

Thanks for complimenting our TV's! Our newly installed cable is working out nicely.

Please do give us another chance and come back to visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Hills
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard? Share your experiences!