“Room literally falling apart during our stay.”

Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
Belton, Missouri, United States
“Room literally falling apart during our stay.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Booked the room last minute, staff was nice over the phone even gave us a discount on the room. When booking we advised we had a 2 year old and a 7 year old but had portable beds for both (crib and travel cot). We were told it was no problem for the amount of people in the room when we booked. Arrived at the hotel and front desk complained that we were not supposed to have that many people in the room but she would let us stay this time. Walking to our indoor room was like walking through a sauna. The room was dirty, within 15 minutes of taking off my 2 year old's shoes his socks were black. The room appeared to have been recently poorly repainted. About 11 pm that night the headboard fell off the wall and slid behind the bed. Luckily no one was actually on the bed when it fell. We didn't call the desk or go down to tell them until the next morning since I had just finally got both my kids to sleep after the pool closed at 10 and the yelling outside the room quieted down. The first person I spoke with stated they would have moved us had we notified them when it happened (wasn't about to wake up a 2 year old to move at 11 pm) Husband told the front desk again (different people) upon our check out to make sure the damage was noted as not having been done by us and the lady had the nerve to ask what we were doing to make it come off the wall. What made it come off the wall is whoever hung the thing didn't know what they were doing and used short screws into a piece of thin wood attached to drywall (not on the studs) and then put a heavy headboard on the thin wood. Thankfully no one was hurt when this headboard fell off. The breakfast was consistent with the type of hotel and ok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry the experience did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your review to housekeeping and will use it to improve our services.

Best wishes,
Nancy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Front desk and all encountered staff were great.

Seems like the hotel is undergoing a renovation, or at least needs to be updated. Had 3 bed suite, it was actually two old rooms with a wall knocked out. Workmanship on changes was less than stellar. Bathrooms cramped and no way to take a bath. Ceramic tile pulling away from wall and backers for shower faucets were sliding down, exposing the over-sized holes in the new surrounds.

Beds were new and very comfortable. Although room was for 6, there was only seating for 3. Used to a bit more luxurious suites for the same price. TAXES WERE OUTRAGEOUS (38%). not the hotels fault, just a statement.

Other guest rooms from our group were very musty and one looked brand new.

The only major complaint is the toilet paper, it is the thinnest one ply I have encounter anywhere in the world (have been on 5 continents) six layers folded over were still translucent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 3 December 2015
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your comments. I have forwarded you review to the owner.

Travellers are raving about these Sunset Hills hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visited for a 3 day stay and had the 3 bed suite since I have six children. It was not at all what I expected especially since it's located in south county where they're known for luxury or at least quality living. So imagine the shock when I seen the room with huge spider webs on the ceiling, one of the two bathrooms were disgusting and so outdated and so was the furniture. The beds were comfortable but this place needs to be renovated quickly. The so called playground is not a play ground and the arcade area is so/so, the multi-purpose room isn't a multi-purpose and the pool was the most fun for me and the kids even though it needs some work also. The staff at the front desk seemed to be lazy I guess it's because the manager was out sick but needless to say if it had not been for a discount that I received I would have asked cancelled and went to the Holiday Inn down the street. Save your money and go else where. I've slept in better hotels & inns in the city of St. Louis that were a lot cheaper and upgraded and gave great hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jstcraw
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Kelly M,

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay. I am sorry this response is tardy. It is always great to hear that the Front Desk is offering our guests what they need.

St. Louis
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is very outdated. The bathroom looks old and gross, I don't even want to take a shower in it. The rooms that we have just smell old. The bedspreads also have stains on them. I would never stay here again, and I can't believe I'm paying $109 for this.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Anicole86
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello Anicole86,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm very sorry that our rooms did not fit your expectations. We are constantly looking to improve our rooms, and we will certainly address this during future renovations.

Regards,

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We arrived about 9pm on Monday, when we got to our room someone have evidently smoked in our non smoking suite. They upgraded us to an even bigger suite and the king sized bed appeared to be new. It was super comfy. I am glad that I brought my own pillow cuz theirs are flat, but for paying only about 70$/nt through expedia, could not complain.

We actually had some friends flying in to meet us from New England, and the day of they put balloons and welcome packages in. Their room as a surprise when they got in, going above and beyond. Also, we noticed while waking through that literally every suite but ours had a love seat type chair in the room. They gladly switched our chairs to a love seat.

Throughout our stay the front desk staff were very professional.

The only down side to this was that there was this old lady who managed the breakfast area that was super rude! Our 16 yr old wasn't allowed to ladle her own gravy, the old lady grabbed the ladle out of her hand and said no. Lol! It was so ridiculous. She came back to the room and told us what happens, all we could say was, so you are allowed to drives 2 ton vehicle down the road but heaven forbid you ladle your own food. Lol! Wow! Then we had another run in with her with her yelling at our friend over something to do with the pancake maker. Haha it was dumb, she is just a cranky old bitty.

Watch out for where you park though, we had the door of our rental car dented, and we are waiting to hear back if the can see who keyed/dented our car.

Overall we would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a 3 bed suite, this is where they have started to upgrade and they are really quiet. Also, if...
3 Thank Kelly M
Thank you for taking to time to review our location. We too, love our staff.

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel for a week while visiting Six flags and other attractions. We checked out and forgot a flower pot that was purchased. I called back the same day that I checked out and informed them that the pot was forgotten by us. I was informed by management that it would be shipped. I called every two days to see if it had been shipped and finally on the 13th day, I was informed that it had been shipped that morning. Well, when I received it, it was in a hundred pieces. I called UPS and they said that the hotel didn't pack it correctly so that they are not responsible. I called Days Inn back and informed the manager, Ann, of what was said. She said that she would check into it and call me back. UPS told her the same thing. Ann called me and said that ups said that it wasn't packed correctly, so she said she will refer me to her district manager. The district manager finally called me and he was such a jerk (that's a nice way to put it) but it's not what I want to call him. His first statement was that they are a hotel not a shipping company so they are not to blame. He said that I should have had ups to pick it up instead of the hotel sending it. He then stated that I need to take some blame for leaving the pot. I said why do you have an attitude? He again stated that they are a hotel and that the price of the pot and the 50 bucks to ship it to me was my responsiblility. His whole tone was rude and very angry. I will never stay at this place again. And to think we had 5 rooms and stayed an entire week with them and for him to be so rude was really uncalled for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank msvrgina
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear msvrgina,

I am very sorry to hear that your overall experience was marred by our handling of the flower pot. Often, if the item left behind is important or fragile, it is best to use a shipping company to handle its transport. I do apologize that you did not feel that our staff was courteous and helpful.

Take care,

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I thought for the price i paid the room we got was bad/nasty. after paying 150.00 for a "suite" i was truly disappointed. The room looks like it was once two rooms that were converted into one. the separate sleeping areas were not divided by a door or wall of any kind. The bathroom was dirty and even had blood on the wall. I work in a hospital so I do know what dried blood looks like. The sink was gross. The paint on the bathroom walls was peeling. The sheets on one of the beds were stained. and there were not enough covers for all three of the beds. The walls are very thin so you can hear everything going on outside of your room. They do have a big play/pool area. but it is dirty and right ouside of the rooms. They did have a good breakfast. thats the only good thing i have to say about it. Dont waste your money!!!!

2 Thank lisaprince85
HR S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello lisaprince85,

I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope our staff was able to help provide you with more blankets, as we are always available to assist to with requests. As for the safety and sanitation concerns, please know that we do our best to ensure that we respond as soon as these are reported to us. Your comments on the peeling paint will be taken into account during renovations.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy breakfast, after all else.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us these remarks and suggestions, as we use guest comments to improve the experience that we provide here.

Have a safe and happy summer,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Hills
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard? Share your experiences!