“Better than expected”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We got the room as a 3 star hotel via Priceline and was concerned after reading many of the negative reviews, so granted our expectations were low.

We checked in on Friday for 2 night stay and walked through 1st floor with carpet ripped and thought the worst. But pleasantly surprised to find second floor looked to have new carpet and doors and flat screen TV in room.

Our stay was very enjoyable. The breakfast was what u would get for free at other hotels and was nothing special but service throughout stay was top notch and for what we paid was well worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank TVSamuel
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Hello and thank you so much for yor review of your stay at Holiday Inn Southwest Route66. We are pleased to to see we not only met but exceeded your expectations of us. Your business is very improtant to us and we value you feedback.

Mickea Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lakeland TN
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was very pleased with the staff. Everyone was helpful, polite and friendly. In fact, my daughter and her friend wanted to lay out before we had to head back home, but I told they would not have much time with an 11:00 check out. I called to the front desk and they extended our time to 12:00. We were able to enjoy the pool and get some sun too. I had filled my coffee cup too full and a nice employee told me to stand right there in the hall and he would go get a lid for me. I told him I did not see any by the coffee. He came back with a lid and said that they were out but he put plenty out for the next time. I told him thanks for his help. My daughter and her friend needed a fork and extra shampoo and the front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable. They even had two types of pillows to choose from, firm or soft. They did not have free breakfast, but there are lots of places to eat in the area. Our bathroom and room was clean and nice. I did get a good deal on Price line which made it a good value. One of the elevators made a weird sound and I did not want to get stuck so I took the stairs. One negative was the sign in the parking lot that said they were not responsible for theft of cars in the parking lot. This made me a little nervous, so I parked in the front under a light and my car was fine. If it were not for this issue I would rate this property very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. A much nicer view than the street views.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hoilday Inn Southwest Route 66. We pride ourselves on customer service. Its wonderful when a guest notices our efforts and compliments us on them.
We appreciate you staying with us and are thankful you provided us with feedback. We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to St. Louis.

Mickea Hicks
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Got this Hotel on Priceline and immediately checked out the reviews. I was seriously afraid to stay here!! The hotel is in bankruptcy and is in massive need of a renovation. When I checked in there was a long line of people checking in. They were all guys. Britney at the front desk assisted me, and when she handed me my keys she actually announced my room number OUTLOUD so that everyone could hear it! I was NOT happy, as I was there on business - single, female traveler with nothing but guys surrounding the front desk area. My room was not as bad as I expected, but it definitely needs updating. The carpet was filthy and the room had a weird odor to it. The bed was as hard as a rock, and the old heating unit under the window was loud! Every time the AC kicked on at night it woke me up. I was happy to check out this morning, and I will stay away from Priceline... At least for this area of town.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms... I believe there are only 5 of them.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank spoiledvacagirl

Travellers are raving about these Sunset Hills hotels

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Over priced room. The bathroom tub was "Nasty" I wore my flip flops in the shower, they tried to resurface the tub and failed. The wallpaper was buckling in the corners. The beds where not comfortable. The carpet was old and peeling away.
We didn't stay for breakfast we just wanted to get out of there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear avroegr,

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory room conditions to our attention. Your comments will allow us to reflect on improving our performance. I want to assure you that this is not our standard. We want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Best Regards,

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2012

If I had paid full price I might feel ripped of, but seeing as I got a deal from Hotwire I'm fine with staying here. Over all I'm not impressed, this place could really use updating.

The room itself was clean and everything worked, but a good example of the lack of updating would be the old-school, non-HD TV.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Shannon H,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We are sorry you found the television in your room out of date. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The room was fairly standard for a holiday inn - the hotel appears to be newly renovated and the room was comfortable. The location is a great selling point for this hotel - as there are lots of nice places to eat nearby in Sunset Hills.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidMcGuire
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We got here under special circumstances and the manager was wonderful to accommodate us, the staff was friendly and went above and beyond to make it a pleasant stay! The location is great, close to highways and shopping. And all this in the midst of their having to deal with an inconsiderate wedding party that cancelled their event and didn't bother to tell their invited guests, who began showing up at the hotel for the weekend and finding out the wedding was off (and taking it out on the hotel staff, unbelievably).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Hills
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66? Share your experiences!