Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Lodge(Sunset Hills)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday innwedding nighthot tubindoor poolnice roomst louisflooring
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked on line. When we drove up there was a curtain hanging out the window. I even took a picture of it to post. The bushes and plants and flowers are dead from no water. The elevator is run down, very loud and stops hard. The whole hotel needs remodeling. The trash in the parking lot needs cleaned up. Not worth $104.00. Would not stay again. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Twobous124
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and can assure you that your issues will be addressed immediately. Again, I wish to thank you for all your comments.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The 3rd room had no mold that was seen, yet could be smelled. The elevator sounds like it will give out as you go up and down. The time needed for Breakfast, when ordered from the menu, was excellent in quality but was incredibly long. Although the staff was friendly - they were stretched too thin and the waiting was intolerable.

Room Tip: Smell the room and check for mold before accepting your assignment.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandmother_12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Grandmother_12,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.

I humbly extend an apology for the dissatisfaction you had with the room condition and for the poor experience you have encountered in our restaurant. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I arrived at 3:45 to check-in, hoping I would be able to do so 15 minutes early. After waiting behind other guests that were checking-in, another clerk appeared and began my check-in process. I had a bad taste in my mouth due to the fact that I always pre-book my rooms, being assured that I am getting the best possible rate. My total was $94.72. The guests in front of me who were just now booking- only paid $87 including their $25 deposit for paying with cash. So they paid $32 less than I did, after being assured I was given the best price. From now on, I will be weighing my options until I am assured I'm getting the best rate. As reported, the elevator was slow coming and going.
My room was clean and updated and had the pillow selection I am used to having at a Holiday Inn. I was given the wi-fi password, but wasn't sure which of the 3 networks to connect to. After having success with one using my password, I was kicked off every time I closed my browser. It became annoying to retype on each use, so I just gave up and turned my wi-fi off and used my own data.
At 5:30, I phoned housekeeping requesting more conditioner. The man I spoke with was friendly and assured me that it would be sent right up.
I called back at 6:30, still having not yet received it. No answer from housekeeping.
I called again at 7:30, no answer. My calls to the front desk were unsuccessful, also no answer. I was next to the ice machine and elevator, and as a light sleeper this worried me- but I simply left my A/C in fan mode to block out the noise.
The room was spacious, and I loved the HVAC control, it was nice to be able to select the temperature instead of just having a hi/medium/low option.
The TV channels do not match the guide, or at least was the case in my room.

I always enjoy getting a morning paper, so that was a bonus upon my leave. Check-out was smooth and efficient, just as I hoped it would be.

I would recommend this location to someone needing to stay in the area, but I doubt I stay at this exact location again, as my business is usually conducted in other areas.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Unfortunately we learnt the hard way that we should only stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels, rather than Holiday Inn hotels as they don't provide breakfast or a fridge in the room. At least the bed was comfy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for staying wtih us. We appreciate your time, and are thankful that you were able to provide us with your feedback.

Mickeah

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay in a dated, dump that's dirty then this is your hotel. Not only was the check in staff under a delusion that the hotel was nice, once I got to my room it was filled with mold and nasty dirty in the air return.
No remote for the 1991 Tube TV.... I guess everyone had stolen them back in 1995, so they ran out... But the worst part my first floor room near the pool filled with water and soaked in under the nasty carpet damaging my suitcase and work bag!
This place is worst than a trailor park meets motel 6!
Sadly I stayed here before because of my company put me here, after this visit I have insured this wouldn't happen again.... Do yourself a favor RUN before you think it's great! Holiday Inn should ban this hotel from using its name!!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear PatrickF,
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.I have taken note and can assure you that your issues will be addressed immediately. Again, I wish to thank you for all your comments.