Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Lodge(Sunset Hills)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday innwedding nighthot tubindoor poolnice roomst louisflooring
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hotel was very nice. Restaurant will rip you off if you order room service. I paid cash for my room service only to find out they had charged my card as well. The food was awful and I paid $20.61 for it once. Sure didn't want to pay for the nasty stuff twice.

• Stayed: October 2013
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank your for your stay and review. Sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with your billing at the restaraunt. I hope I have resolved this to your satisfaction adn we look forward to you staying with us again.

Mickeah

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I liked this hotel. I am originally from St. Louis and moved about 13 years ago. I returned, and stayed in this hotel for a family reunion on Memorial Day weekend 2013. I have forgotten the manager's name (although he gave me his card to have me call him when I came back to town) but he was exceptionally nice and accommodating to our family.

After working the Ritz Carlton-St. Louis for 5 years, I can honestly say that some people just cannot be pleased (apparently some of those people are in my family). Yet, a hotel concerned with its image must at least try. I can say that this hotel does a fine job of going out of its way to make people happy.

The hotel was really clean and the location was excellent- right off of I-55 and I-270 (both of these highways will make a trip to almost anywhere in St. Louis less than 30 minutes long).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

We are always very happy when guest contacts is and bout wonderful service they have receoved. As soon as i received your comments I forwarded them to all management staff. This will ensure the staff knows what a great job they have done and also they are recognized for their efforts. Thanks again for your for your kind review.

MIckeaH

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is my fourth or fifth time staying at this property in as many years and I feel that there has been some sort of construction every year. Allthough I don't love this hotel, I am traveling with a client and this is their choice as it is close to the office in St. Louis that we travel to. Parking can be a challenge dependinng on how busy the hotel is and part of the parking lot was being used for contruction materials/vehicles, etc.

The front entrance is currently under remodel and so you have to enter from the conference area - which is fine and not an issue. The lobby itself has just been renovated and it looks very nice. The check in process was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The room I was in appears to have been remodled in the past few years and it is larger than most rooms in this hotel class. But, it is very basic and has a little wear. The bathroom counter space is amazing and I wish that all hotels offered this much counter space!

The hotel is attached to a bar and we have always had a good time here - apparently it is a pretty popular place as it indicates they have received awards for best bar in the area. They have live music every night and we have never been disappointed. The food is good and servers are helpful.

I was not impressed with the bed and it seemed old and was uncomfortable. In addition, the heater/ac unit was loud and couldn't seem to regulate the temperature and was incosistenet. The hallways were VERY loud and I didn't get much sleep. Anytime anyone in the hallway opened/closed their door, you could hear it. And, if anyone was talking in the hallway, I could hear every word and the hallways were busy all night long - odd for a Tuesday night!

The staff at the front desk mentioned that there have been new owners within the past year and they are putting $40 million into the renovation. I am glad to see this as the hotel was definitely a bit dated. If the lobby is any indication of how the hotel will appear when complete, I am excited to see the end results. I do hope they invest in new beds and work on getting the noise under control.

I know I will stay here again in future years and I look forward to see the improvements!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear SDRivergirl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the renovations being made. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It was very difficult to find the front desk given all the construction. I had a terrible time. Staff is apologetic and understanding--don't take it out on them, but my guess is that it will be nearly a year before this mess of a dump is put back in service. I can see the potential. If they were offering less it would have been one star. I just found out that not reviewing is worse for an establishment than a bad review, so I will stick with it. However, they have a long way to go before I recommend this place word of mouth.

Room Tip: Somewhere else, for now.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We understand how renvations can negatively affect ones stay. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Yes, this is an older property. Yes, it is undergoing renovation. BUT, our room was clean, the staff extremely friendly and the 4th floor room quiet. If you want a luxury hotel, this is not it, nor did I expect it to be. I found what I expected and would stay here again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review our property. We look forward to serving you again soon once our renovations are complete.

Thank you!