I came here with my hubby for a night stay after visiting Bisecter Village. Overall, the experience was good and I will recommend it to others.
Location & Environment:
Very convenient location with less than 30-45 minutes drive from Bisecter Village or Heathrow Airport. A good place to stay after having a big shopping in Bisecter!
The whole development is big and spacious. We had a nice walk in the gardens after breakfast. Worth to walk around the hotel if it is not too cold!
Room & Facilities:
The whole building is very historial and very impressive. We stayed in Room 5. The room is big and clean. And it is nice that there has two giant windows which you can overlook the garden. The style of the room is in a "super old British" style, which that's one of the attractions of this hotel.
However, the bathroom was not very impressive. The bathroom was a bit dark due to insufficient light and its dull green color. There was no shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or body lotion provided in the bathroom. All we had was just a few pieces of soap. As a result, we had to ring up the service counter to request for the above items. However, all we got is just one bottle of shampoo.
Besides, there was not enough hot water for shower or bath in the morning. The water was a bit too cold for shower even though we had already tried to run it for a few times in different hours. Maybe you could finally wait for the hot water, the water get cold too quickly. It ended up I had to give up my shower and save the hot water for my hubby.
And there was no safe in the room, which was a bit inconvenient as you have to carry all the important stuff like passport with you.
There are many different newspapers and magazines provided in the lobby, which is quite thoughful of hotel.
The staff here are nice and friendly. By the way, they have kept a very friendly and well-trained labrador retriever called Holly, which lives behind the reception desk. I played with her in the morning and it was a lot of fun! Don't worry if you are not a dog lover, Holly will not come to you unless you invite her to play!
The dining room is large and they had classical music played (CD of course, not live) in the evening. With the candles everywhere, it created a romantic atmosphere.
While for the food, they have lots of choices for dinner. However, since we were a bit too tired, instead of trying the famous tasting menu, we just ordered a leek & potato soup, cesar salad with grilled chicken, beef burger and fish & chips.
The quality of the leek & potato soup and cesar salad was excellent. The veggie was very fresh and the grilled chicken was tender and yummy. The presentation of the food is nice. For the beef burger and fish & chips, it tasted nice, however, it just not as good as the soup & salad.
For the breakfast, they have lots of choices (in fruit juices, bread and cereal). Their cooked breakfast tasted lovely. The mushroom, sausage and egg was very delicious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire