“Perfect!”
Review of The Manor

The Manor
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Came here to celebrate engagement weekend and for a bit of R&R. Beautiful manor, gorgeous grounds, really helpful (but not intrusive) service, and fantastic restaurant quality food. Our dog Max loved romping around the grounds - think it was his favorite vacation. 1 hour from London. This was a perfect weekend break - can't find any faults. Thank you!!

1 Thank Jmax0000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Serbian first
oxfordshire
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Our friends had recently celebrated a family birthday at Weston Manor and were so impressed they suggested meeting up for Sunday lunch.
We parked in the grounds of this 'stately home' and our friends greeted us in the magnificent hall. At their suggestion we took a glass of wine and explored the superb gardens, outdoor pool and croquet lawn.
Lunch was served in the panelled dining room (complete with minstrels gallery) where we received superb service. Even more importantly, the food was excellent, turning the whole occasion into a fine dining experience.
The table d'hote Sunday lunch is £27.50 and two in our party explored the a la carte options, choosing roast grouse which they reported to be superb.
This is an ideal venue for a special occasion where one can relax and take one's time savouring each course.
We understand the hotel has undergone a major refurbishment (part of which is on-going).
We sincerely hope we will win the prize draw offering complimentary dinner for two!
Finally, dogs are allowed in bedrooms, all public rooms (with the obvious exception of the main dining room) and in the grounds.
We will certainly return shortly with our small dog and try the tempting bar snacks on offer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank OxfordshireDoglover
Global
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I visited just as a new private hotelier was taking over this sadly rundown majestic Manor.
I am so happy that in a relatively short time and without hardly missing a beat the beautiful building is getting a lovely make over.
be prepared for some area's to be under renovation, these old places don't deserve quick plastic fixes. It has a clean and smart appearance where work has been completed. I have heard of weddings and business meeting have run smoothly and slowly but surely Weston Manor is being found by the curious and discerning clients. Its hard to explain the before and after but trust me its getting better and better.
I at in the bar as it was late , great Manor Club Sandwich ... squeaky fresh and Chip/fries whatever you call as good as I have had for quiet some time. Good expresso.. and a smile while being served. It is a old Manor .... I like the "slightly' serious approach but had a few laughs with the gardeners, also part of the staff.
Test it out , ask for your needs this is one to support. Great launch pad for one of the most visited areas in England . A great place to come "home" to after a busy day sightseeing.
Spa coming in about 6 months ... website 3 weeks away....
I bet I put an extra green button VERY soon...

2 Thank mbpolo
Flintshire
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This has to be one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in for many years. The drive upto the hotel is impressive, my partner was extremely impressed. The hotel has a wonderful feel to it, the oak panels, wooden floors, rustic charm, log fires, spacious rooms, etc... all add to the beauty. The gardens are impressive. But the one thing that really stood out for us was the service, helpfulness and welcome we recieved from the staff. Before the trip I wanted to arrange for a few extras to make the whole trip something special for my partner. The staff bent over backwards to not only help but went the extra mile to make it all perfect. The restaurant staff were outstanding, the food excellent, and the price quite reasonable.

A memorable weekend made even better by the Weston Manor Hotel and it's outstanding staff.

Room Tip: Rooms 9 and 10 are well worth the upgrade.
london
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the West Manor. We were placed in one of the top rooms, which had ample room, a large bathroom and a beautiful view on the gardens. Really stunning and well maintained.
We were received in a very friendly manner, had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant and danced the rest of the night (we were at a private function). The bartenders were really lovely, especially Emma! : )
I would definitely recommend the house for a visit in the country site, or just visit the restaurant. Just don't forget to stroll through the gardens!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the top floor. It does mean very narrow steep stairs but it's worth...
2 Thank Josta W
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

The Weston Manor is a place I've stayed in a number of times now. A couple of year's ago it was a bit disorganised and my booking was forgotten a couple of times. However I now find the staff much more switched on and willing to both help and take responsibility for any issues.

The meeting room out in the old stable block is light, airy and ideal for meetings.
The bar is convivial and well organised with a wide selection of wiskys.
The restaurant is well run and the food for the most part good. Also look out for the restaurant manager, as she can make miracles happen if you ask nicely.
My only grumble was that the broadband in the bedrooms didnt work.
One other issue guests need to be aware of is that if you intend to get very very drunk, them some of the bedrooms may be tricky to get to as the stairs are very steep and the fire doors open outwards.

• Stayed September 2012
My Office
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We chose this hotel restaurant for an anniversary dinner as it was within a short taxi ride of home. I `cased the joint` before booking and it was clear that the restaurant is mostly used by residents. The setting is beautiful and the internal decoration is excellent, particularly if you are not a fan of the plastic Hil*ton style of modern chain hotels. It even has a minstrels galleryl

On the Friday evening, the restaurant was nearly empty throughout with only one other cover dining. Nonetheless, the service was attentive and efficient without being overpowering. It seems the hotel was fully (and exclusively) booked for a wedding the following day, and we were perhaps lucky to have had a quiet evening

The food was all very good with my lady having the taster menu (good value at £35). I had sliced pigeon breast followed by monk-fish tail. As a side (and a special treat) I had triple fried Chips which were quite the nicest I have ever tasted. Well worth breaking a low carb diet for! The wines were very good.

Unfortunately, all the function rooms (Bar, lounge & restaurant) were quite cold - I think all the entrance doors were left open all the time - with Autumn fast approaching.

All in all a very pleasant anniversary dinner, in lovely surroundings, excellent food and good service. Ideal for that special occasion. Well done Weston Manor. - but can I suggest you make sure the doors are shut & the heating is on when the temperature drops!

Room Tip: We did not stay in the hotel - just used the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oxford-Oldman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston on the Green
Macdonald Bear Hotel
Macdonald Randolph Hotel
The Dashwood Hotel
The Dashwood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kirtlington

Been to The Manor? Share your experiences!