Having seen the previous reviews from last year and the slightly off putting pictures of floral, tired bedrooms, I was a little worried before arriving! However, we arrived in the snow which gave the Manor that extra air of magic and was impressed to discover this beautiful 900 year old manor home not far from Oxford.
The Manor has recently been brought (private owner) and the refurbishment is under way! And I have to say, the work was being done discreetly and not intrusive on your stay at all. You can certainly notice the vast difference from the rooms now completed to the previous rooms! We stayed in Room 3, which is front facing on the main house. Classic, simple creams and Hessian colours used, to create a more sophisticated and luxurious room. The only down side is the room next door has the tv placed by your bed, therefore the early bird next to us woke me with the 6 o'clock news coming through the wall! Otherwise, the room was quite and very relaxing!
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful- The OM was informative and obviously working hard to make the improvements to the Hotel! We also had a very nice bar tender (I think he said he was from Poland) who kindly offered us some Olives, to then say they had run out... this did not actually matter as he was helpful and friendly and we were very happy having a game of chess with our drinks!
The Manor invites you to use it as your own home, so it was very nice to explore the different rooms, with an impressive dining Hall. The evening meal was the five course taster menu- very nice, no complaints at all. The breakfast was a little too formal I felt, where the sense of treating the manor as your own home, was lost. A beautiful and light room though, perhaps having the waitress standing in the room whilst you eat was too much? It is help yourself continental breakfast, therefore perhaps have the waitress come in and check every so often? Perhaps having a newspaper offered to read whilst having your coffee after, would create a more relaxed atmosphere also? The other guests seemed to whisper as it was so quite and formal?!
The grounds are also stunning and offers lovely outdoor seating in the summer, so we will certainly visit again when the weather is warmer! Overall, an excellent stay and such an improvement~ Keep up the great work at The Manor, we will definitely come back and recommend your to friends and family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire