We visited this property recently for the first time to visit their restaurant since we heard that they had acquired a new chef recently. The welcome was extremely warm and we were shown around the hotel too. After a drink in their small but cosy bar area we went into the Baron's Hall for dinner. We had the tasting menu which was really excellent and Larry the chef is clearly heading for a michelin star. We started with an extra complementary dish of blowtorched mackerel which was succulent, and beautifully cooked. Then onto the open raviolo of game, followed by confit of salmon. The balancing of flavours and elements in the dish was excellent. The quail that followed was accompanied by pumpkin, red cabbage and blackcurrant and encompassed an essence of winter delights. The mango, passion fruit and lime granita was superb - surprisingly good. And finally the dark chocolate cream with praline and confit lemon was rich but not cloyingly so. All in all an excellent meal and for a tasting menu it was not too expensive. This is cooking of the first order and so you expect to pay accordingly. It was definitly worth a return visit especially as the new kitchen should be up and running soon. The staff are all friendly and helpful and the property is quite charming. We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire