A family dinner and stay for six people from 21 to 86. First the excellent Saturday night dinner was ranked very highly by everybody. The meal was first class (Michelin) restaurant standard and worth the trip and the £50 meal price.
Then there is the hotel itself with a number minor and easily fixed faults, they clearly struggle with systems and training of some of the staff. When we booked the hotel was shown as full all year both on their own website and on all the consolidators (booking.com etc;) My sister in law tried to make a booking by phone and ran into a very unhelpful receptionist who eventually asked for full payment then for 5 rooms and dinner three months in advance. I phoned and had a very helpful receptionist and did not even have to leave a cc number. On leaving neither of the cc machines was working leading to a struggle to pay and leave.
The rooms were warm and comfortable although one was missing a bath plug and the water pressure was so low the hand held shower dribbled.
Breakfast was un unmanned precooked on serving trays affair with no staff on hand to try and get gluten free bread, as the only people in breakfast the food was soon tired and not refreshed.
The big problem in all of this is that the cheapest single room is £215 which is much more expensive than almost all first class Oxfordshire hotels except Le Manoir which is in a different class.
If the price was £120 I could recommend the hotel but with so many faults that even a Holiday Inn can solve I say dine here but stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire