Along with members of my family we have used both the restaurant and the hotel but on my last visit for an evening meal I was very disappointed.
It was made even more disappointing because when I raised issues in an email through their website I did not receive the courtesy of a reply.
The prices are high enough for one to expect excellent food, well presented and well served. A party of four with decent wine and pre-dinner drinks and coffees will see you with some change out of £400 but not a lot.
I personally objected to them taking my debit card details when I made the booking for dinner. They say that they don't take anything from the card and true they did not ask for the security code - so why do they need it?
When I approached them about it on the night that we went the girl on the reception desk said that it was so that they could take £20 per head if a party did not turn up.
They certainly didn't say anything like that when we called to book our table!!
I think that the chef is now trying too hard. Some dishes just don't work and I can only say that the set menu that we were offered was boring particularly in main courses. We asked about a beef dish that we had been offered on an earlier visit but just given a rather blank look that said you see what we have.
We then saw later an alternative and cheaper menu that did have the beef. We were just disappointed and felt that perhaps the accountants had taken over and the hospitality managers been overruled.
Sorry Manor but losing us will no doubt cost you a few thousands next year that we would be spending.
I don't enjoy writing poor reviews but you didn't bother to respond to my comments to you on your website so perhaps you don't want to take criticism seriously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire