The Manor
US$77
US$187
US$165
Priceline
Premier Inn Bicester Hotel(Bicester)(Great Value!)
US$127
PremierInn.com
US$180
US$149
Travelodge Bicester hotel(Bicester)(Great Value!)
US$60
Travelodge
    Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
    US$112
    US$101
    HolidayInn.com
    • Pool
    Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
    The Kings Arms Hotel and Restaurant(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
    US$153
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsmorning roompanelled dining roomafternoon teathe main houseoutdoor poolcroquet lawnentrance hallminstrels gallerybeautiful hotelstayed in the coach housejunior suiteroaring log firepublic roomssecret escapeslovely groundsbicester villagefour poster bed
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 9 May 2014

This has to be one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in for many years. The drive upto the hotel is impressive, my partner was extremely impressed. The hotel has a wonderful feel to it, the oak panels, wooden floors, rustic charm, log fires, spacious rooms, etc... all add to the beauty. The gardens are impressive. But the one thing that really stood out for us was the service, helpfulness and welcome we received from the staff. Before the trip I wanted to arrange for a few extras to make the whole trip something special for my partner. The staff bent over backwards to not only help but went the extra mile to make it all perfect. The restaurant staff were outstanding, the food excellent, and the price quite reasonable. A memorable weekend made even better by the Weston Manor Hotel and it's outstanding staff

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Wynn J
    Reviewed 1 May 2014

Along with members of my family we have used both the restaurant and the hotel but on my last visit for an evening meal I was very disappointed.
    It was made even more disappointing because when I raised issues in an email through their website I did not receive the courtesy of a reply.
    The prices are high enough for one to expect excellent food, well presented and well served. A party of four with decent wine and pre-dinner drinks and coffees will see you with some change out of £400 but not a lot.
    I personally objected to them taking my debit card details when I made the booking for dinner. They say that they don't take anything from the card and true they did not ask for the security code - so why do they need it?
    When I approached them about it on the night that we went the girl on the reception desk said that it was so that they could take £20 per head if a party did not turn up.
    They certainly didn't say anything like that when we called to book our table!!
    I think that the chef is now trying too hard. Some dishes just don't work and I can only say that the set menu that we were offered was boring particularly in main courses. We asked about a beef dish that we had been offered on an earlier visit but just given a rather blank look that said you see what we have.
    We then saw later an alternative and cheaper menu that did have the beef. We were just disappointed and felt that perhaps the accountants had taken over and the hospitality managers been overruled.
    Sorry Manor but losing us will no doubt cost you a few thousands next year that we would be spending.
    I don't enjoy writing poor reviews but you didn't bother to respond to my comments to you on your website so perhaps you don't want to take criticism seriously.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
    3  Thank RichardSFC
    Reviewed 25 April 2014

I actually wanted to forget that terrible experience, but now a year later came across the same adverd on the Secret Escapes, which brought the bad memories back , so could not resist writing..
    Booking through Secret escapes was easy, pictures were superb , like the outside shell & surroundings of the hotel when you see it, but the rest is not worth a 1 star. We had a special occasion - to celebrate our wedding with some close realativies who could not be at the event itself, so my husband booked 3 rooms for two nights incl 3 course dinners for all in advance. The first room we we offered was disgracefully filthy& small in a kind of a basement area, with no room for a cot although our room was booked on a basis 2+1. The only other altrnative they offered was a room in a coach house( not adjusecent to the main building which meant no dressing up for diner as it was pissing with rain and you have to walk through mud!). Room was a bit bigger but very dark and just dire.. A room a would not consider even walking into under other circumstances but thee was no choice at that point..After 3 hours at the restaurant I had to go to bed with the baby with no desert ( service is slow and poor). Don't waste your money here, don't be taken by the skilful photographer! It was meant to be an exciting experience for us but turned out to be something I just want to forget about..

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank Nat W
    Nick H, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We are obviously very disappointed that your stay here at The Manor fell well below expectations.
    It is difficult for me to comment on any particular issues that occurred 12 months ago, but would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and also the comprehensive refurbishment program that has recently been completed throughout the hotel.
    Please do contact me personally on 01869 350621. I very much hope that we may be able to regain our laurels on a future occasion.
    Yours sincerely
    Nick Hanson, General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic weekend at the Weston Manor. Our room was at least double the size of the largest I had ever previously stayed, and it also had a large lounge. Unfortunately, the central heating did not work in our room for our stay, the management arranged for more than enough fan heaters to be deployed in order to make such a large room very toastie. We had booked the taster menu for both of our nights stays, and was not disappointed as the food and dining service was the highlight of our stay. Even though Weston Manor is a large old hotel, the log fires gives it a homely feeling. If in the area without the children, we will certainly book this hotel in an instant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 April 2014

Lovely hotel, beautiful grounds, we stayed for one night on a bed, breakfast and evening meal deal as a half way point to meet friends. The staff were all excellent and the Chefs table was the best experience! Larry gave us an insight to running a successful kitchen and the menu was fab. Would definitely recommend this to all food lovers.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
    BrianGarside2013, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we were delighted that you enjoyed our Chef’s Table which offers a great opportunity to add some ‘theatre’ to a memorable dining occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Manor soon.

Brian Garside