Before our arrival we were informed that the restaurant would be closed on the night we arrive , so with reservation rescheduled our stay for the following night , not sure if we had done the right thing .
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and special .
We were given an upgrade to room 7 ( an allegedly haunted room ) which was beautifully decorated and very clean .
With a welcome bottle of champagne for our anniversary and dinner booked for 8pm .
We spent the afternoon by the pool and had a swim , lovely and refreshing , enjoyed this lots !!
The grounds of the hotel looked after by a crack team of gardeners who keep it looking magnificent .
We thought dinner would be the test .
We were greeted by Abby who sat us on a nice table , what followed was a delightful three course fine dining experience , with extra treats along the way , each course lovingly prepared by head chef Larry . We enjoyed every mouthful , indeed my wife commented that the dessert was " the best she had ever had "
We were treated to a behind the scenes tour of the kitchen and was very enjoyable .
Breakfast was of similar ilk and very enjoyable .
Two things only prevent me from leaving a fifth star on this review .
The first is a minor gripe , don't hit guests with a "discretionary " service charge , if people wish to leave a tip they will , however putting this on a bill is I feel unwelcome .
The second is the biggest issue , having been in catering for many years it seems clear that what is needed at the manor is one older more experienced member of the team to over see the more junior members of the team , who as a whole do a splendid job , but as individuals sometimes lacked a little self confidence or ability to think ahead . Sorry if this seems nit picky but I think , get this right and you will have a winning formula , with a hotel that won't just be an overnight stay, but an experience to remember .
I would like to add though that even down to going out and buying a fan for our room , nothing was too much trouble .
Would stay again in a heart beat , worth every penny , just needs a tiny tweak ...... Then perfection awaits .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire