“Worth a visit”
Review of The Carrigart

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carrigart
The Carrigart
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrigart
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Was in Carrigart for a weeks hols.. so the family had to fed and watered, so we had a late lunch in the Carrigart hotel. we went in at 5pm and it wasn't overly busy but we waited one hour five mins for our meal, we were on the point of walking out and going elsewhere but finally our meal arrived, I can say it was worth the wait, the food was excellent and very good value I would recommend it, also there is a little cafe in the village and it is also a nice place to eat with friendly staff and good food plus free wifi, if they were to give a star rating for the cafe i would give it a four out of five. I will be back to Carrigart.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob W

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I'm reviewing the bar restaurant as the main hotel is closed at present.

The bar is open at weekends and we ate twice in it on holiday in front of a lovely open fire.

Fantastic food - the burger was immense - and staff were very friendly.

Highly recommended for weekend pub grub.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Spurano
Reviewed 8 August 2010

After reading some of the previous reviews, i wasnt quite sure what to expect when I checked in. I was welcomed warmly by a friendly receptionist, who made me feel totally at ease, and answered my questions competently. I was informed of meal times & car parks etc, then escorted to my room on the 1st floor. There is no lift in this hotel as it is a listed building, so if you cant climb stairs then its probably not suitable. The room was a great size, clean , warm with an ensuite bathroom. The room was fairly basic so if your looking for a luxury suite then this isn't the hotel for you.
We got a really good package for 2 nights Bed & Breakfast with1 dinner for €109.00 euro per person, the dinner was fabolous, a 4 course meal- it was really tasty couldn't fault it. The staff were so attentive, helpful & always with a smile !!! The food was so good we ate in the bistro both nights, there wasn't any other restaurant in the town. Both nights seemed really busy in the restaurant so thats always a good sign, I would advise people to book early for dinner as I did see people being turned away as the restaurant was 'fully booked'.
Its only a short 2-3 mins drive from some beautiful beaches & approx. 30 mins drive fro Letterkenny. The local scenery in truly breathtaking- try the atlantic drive(10 mins) or visit horn head (approx. 30 mins) for some amazing photos.
I have stayed in hotels all over the UK & Ireland & for the price I paid this hotel was excellent value for money.
We plan to stay here again next summer for sure & would definately recommend to friends. This hotel is seasonal and closes during the winter as i did enquire about staying over christmas.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank galloper36
Reviewed 12 May 2010

The previous review is somewhat a bit exaggerated I do feel. Perhaps the hotel has dated furnishings in some of the rooms, however it is spanking clean and the bar and restaurant ensure you have a brilliant nights craic.

I visited last August with some girlfriends. The staff could not have been more helpful, and the fun in the bar was just brilliant, it went out to the wee hours!

Carrigart is incredible, as the previous reviewer mentioned with your choice of many wonderful and deserted beaches.

It is definitely somewhere I would stay again. Great value for money, gorgeous food, and a great spot to go with friends and just enjoy your few nights.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2010

This is a really traditional family run 3* hotel in a small village, In north west donegal. As soon as you enter the lounge area its just so inviting, warm & cosy with its open fire , traditional victorian high ceilings, & tapestries. The Staff were very friendly & welcoming, I couldnt fault them. But, the best part was the food!!! it was spectacular, really tasty & you could tell everything was homemade-even the desserts !!! The roasted vegetables are to die for !!! the steak was cooked to perfection.
Rooms were average, clean & spacious. Its such a beautiful area, with plenty of sandy beaches for the kids within a few mins drive.
The hotel is approx. 30 mins drive from Letterkenny.
I would recommend this hotel as the prices are reasonable for what you get. You can get some good special offers for 2B+B 1 dinner....

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank receptionist2000
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Damp smells and creepy feelings. The toilet was a disgrace. Needed to be replaced not cleaned. Paid for two nights and left after one-did not look for a refund could not wait to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible. If we had arrived a little earlier in the day we would not have stayed when we saw it but feared driving all night and had already driven 4 hours. Yuk don't go, you'll regret it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Waggar
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This hotel has seen better days. One of those where when you walk in the front door you get that whiff of damp. The route to our room was an amazing tour through dark narrow smelly corridors. The bedroom was a shock at first: the furnishings would have been ugly and utilitarian when bought at least thirty years ago. Now they really need to be replaced. The upholstery on the chairs was offputting, and we did not use them. My first reaction was disbelief that anyone would still think it was okay to offer such facilities to people. If any film company wants a set for a film set in a hotel in 1970s rural Ireland or eastern Europe, you have it here.

However, the beds were comfortable, and the windows have been replaced, so maybe there is a refurbishment plan?: our room in fact had a new door leading into the garden so we could avoid the long trek down the dismal corridors. The bathroom was clean. Carrigart is an attractive little village in an extraordinarily beautiful area of Donegal - with your pick of deserted beaches, in July - but until this hotel has an extensive refit, I could not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigart
Downings Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh
Clanree Hotel
Clanree Hotel
#4 of 12 in Letterkenny

Been to The Carrigart? Share your experiences!