“It's a restaurant, not a hotel.”
Review of The Carrigart

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carrigart
The Carrigart
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrigart
north west
“It's a restaurant, not a hotel.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We didn't expect to find such a nice place and were pleasantly surprised. Sadly it is no longer a hotel but they have made a real effort with the décor in the restaurant. There's also a cosy bar area. The food was very good and the service friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Carrigart, Manager at The Carrigart, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Many thanks for you feedback, we are really glad you enjoyed you experience with us. We are continuing to rejuvenate The Carrigart and taking small steps in our bar, restaurant and lounge. We are looking forward to future where we are aiming to bring The Carrigart back to a hotel in the foreseeable.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Went to the Carrigart on Sat evening for dinner. A warm and genuine welcome was received on arrival. The Bar was extremely busy with people having food, so we were shown to the reception area and seated in front of a warm open fire. The varied menu was mouthwatering just to read, and we duly ordered and devoured the delicious food which was set in front of us. The ladies had a chicken chorizo dish each and the men opted for the fish dishes. Service was excellent, and the warmth of the staff added to our enjoyment of the evening. Its great to see this place prosper and do well in a climate of closures in the area. Well done to everyone involved. Keep up the good work.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BigJohnDeere
Carrigart, Manager at The Carrigart, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your evening with us, your feedback has been shared with our entire team. Thank you for your words of encouragement and we hope to see you again soon.
Galway
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Visited here on a very busy day it was the day of the all ireland match Donegal V Mayo so as you can imagine it was extremely busy especially at the Bar. The lounge area has been beautifully refurbished , very tasteful & relaxing, there were 2 nice open fires lit in the lounge.
The restaurant was not open on the sunday so we ate from the 'Lounge Menu', the restaurant is open every Saturday evening during the winter. Nice menu with a good selection of various dinners, something to suit everyone, and very reasonably priced indeed.

Despite the place being so busy we were attended to very promptly by the waitress who was helpful and friendly. Our food was very tasty , nicely presented with a good size of portion. The atmosphere in the place with the match on was electric ! , and although I could see they were extremely busy we were still well looked after by the staff here, nothing was too much bother for them.

Thank you for a lovely visit, we hopefully will return again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Its refreshing to have a proper restaurant in Carrigart that serves qualiy food. Now, in The Carrigart there's the Public bar, and in there you can have tasty 'pub grub' . Although I didnt partake of it the plates of food we saw headed that way looked extremely tempting.
Now we dined in The Carrigart restaurant. This has all been newly refurbished, and does look really good. When you enter throught the main entrance you are met with a large open fire and a warm welcome from the manageress Maggie. It was obvious from the outset that they wanted us to have an enjoyable evening. We sat in the foyer at the fire and had our pre-dinner drinks and our order taken. The menu was like a breath of fresh air to read. Lots of tasty dishes on offer. ( see att photos). I opted for the Mussels in a rich creamy sauce served with fresh bread to mop it up, as a starter. I followed that with scallops served on a bed of cabbage with a ginger and chive butter and steamed bacon. There were lots of sides to choose from, but I left it to the chef to choose for me as he would know which would compliment it best. I got roast baby potatoes in rosemary and the flavours on the plate were a delight to taste. Perfectly cooked and presented. My wife had Mediterranean Chicken and again it passed the presentation, and taste tests with flying colours. The chef made the effort to come from the kitchen to our table to make sure we were enjoying our dinner. A nice touch, and it showed me he was proud of his handywork and really cared that it was enjoyed. I will certainly return, and will look forward to it. Pricewise we felt we had got value for money. Aisling, and all the other staff were genuinely lovely people who made our evening special Thanks to all concerned.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BigJohnDeere
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Was in Carrigart for a weeks hols.. so the family had to fed and watered, so we had a late lunch in the Carrigart hotel. we went in at 5pm and it wasn't overly busy but we waited one hour five mins for our meal, we were on the point of walking out and going elsewhere but finally our meal arrived, I can say it was worth the wait, the food was excellent and very good value I would recommend it, also there is a little cafe in the village and it is also a nice place to eat with friendly staff and good food plus free wifi, if they were to give a star rating for the cafe i would give it a four out of five. I will be back to Carrigart.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bob W
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I'm reviewing the bar restaurant as the main hotel is closed at present.

The bar is open at weekends and we ate twice in it on holiday in front of a lovely open fire.

Fantastic food - the burger was immense - and staff were very friendly.

Highly recommended for weekend pub grub.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Spurano
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2010

After reading some of the previous reviews, i wasnt quite sure what to expect when I checked in. I was welcomed warmly by a friendly receptionist, who made me feel totally at ease, and answered my questions competently. I was informed of meal times & car parks etc, then escorted to my room on the 1st floor. There is no lift in this hotel as it is a listed building, so if you cant climb stairs then its probably not suitable. The room was a great size, clean , warm with an ensuite bathroom. The room was fairly basic so if your looking for a luxury suite then this isn't the hotel for you.
We got a really good package for 2 nights Bed & Breakfast with1 dinner for €109.00 euro per person, the dinner was fabolous, a 4 course meal- it was really tasty couldn't fault it. The staff were so attentive, helpful & always with a smile !!! The food was so good we ate in the bistro both nights, there wasn't any other restaurant in the town. Both nights seemed really busy in the restaurant so thats always a good sign, I would advise people to book early for dinner as I did see people being turned away as the restaurant was 'fully booked'.
Its only a short 2-3 mins drive from some beautiful beaches & approx. 30 mins drive fro Letterkenny. The local scenery in truly breathtaking- try the atlantic drive(10 mins) or visit horn head (approx. 30 mins) for some amazing photos.
I have stayed in hotels all over the UK & Ireland & for the price I paid this hotel was excellent value for money.
We plan to stay here again next summer for sure & would definately recommend to friends. This hotel is seasonal and closes during the winter as i did enquire about staying over christmas.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank galloper36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigart
Downings Bay Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford
Castle Grove Country House Hotel

Been to The Carrigart? Share your experiences!