“A Rural Experience, Kilkenny”

A Rural Experience - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Gowran
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The people at "A Rural Experience" could not have been more friendly or professional. The driver, Tom Macdonald was so personable and knowledgeable. He went out of his way to help me locate the the ruins of the medieval church where my ancestors are buried. Without his personal attention and willingness to go the extra mile I could never have found it on my own. He then took us on a breathtakimg drive of the region to some beautiful places that only a native Irishman would know. This was a once in a lifetime experience that I will truly never forget. I can't say enough about this company and it's people. Truly one of the best moments of my life. IF you want o really SEE Irlemand, go with A Rural Experience ours, from Kilkenny!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"stops"
"macdonald"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first time in Ireland and we had the advantage or a great driver, Tom McDonald
He took us all around the southern tip of Ireland through the Ring of Kerry. Cork, Kilkenny, Healy pass which was breathtaking. Would recommend Rural tours if you are traveling to Ireland.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Due to airline difficulties, we arrived in Ireland a day late. Tom McDonald of A Rural Experience was our tour guide and did a fantastic job of keeping us on schedule to see as much of Ireland as we could in a short amount of time. Not only did he show us some off the beaten path places, his humor and history kept the whole car engaged and laughing through Ireland. We learned so much more than the tour books could have told us.

We highly recommend Tom and A Rural Experience. Clean, comfortable touring van for 6 of us, safe and knowledgeable driver and a beautiful setting.

IrishRuralTours, Owner at A Rural Experience - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you so much Amy and Lottes Family for taking the time to write us a review. I'm thrilled to hear you had a great tour with Tom and I hope you will return soon to Ireland

Rebecca

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

From our first email we were answered promptly by the charming and efficient manager, Rebecca.

A Rural Experience is a family owned, very well run and trustworthy establishment.

Tom, our guide/driver was already waiting for us at the port with our name on a sign. He was there 30 minutes early. What a delightful surprise.

He was well dressed and his charming personality made us all smile.
The luxury Mercedes was very comfortable.

Tom was a virtual encyclopedia of knowledge and we learned much about Ireland from him.

Don't hesitate to book with A Rural Experience! 5 star service with a smile.

IrishRuralTours, Owner at A Rural Experience - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Hi Merryl

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It was an absolute pleasure helping organise your day today from Dunmore East.

I do hope you will return to Ireland and we get to meet in person.

Warmest regards
Rebecca

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 November 2017

As first time travellers to Ireland, we were not comfortable with driving in unknown territory on the opposite side of the road, but wanted to see a number of sites that are better accessed by car. I contacted Rebecca of A Rural Experience to look at the possibility of hiring a driver. I was very impressed with her very prompt response to my emails, her experience and her recommendations in tailoring a day out based on our interests.

Our driver Tom picked us up at our Kilkenny City hotel, a bit earlier than scheduled, and safely drove us to our destinations. At each stop, he was sure to point out the toilets and a place where we could get a coffee or sandwich, then patiently waited while we wandered around to our heart's content. Conversation flowed well, and Tom was very informative on a variety of subjects from the history of the area, to the type of bird we had seen that piqued our interest. At one point, a road that we needed to use to see a site was unexpectedly closed, but Tom was able to make adjustments on the fly without missing a beat.

All in all, we had a very enjoyable day and would highly recommend A Rural Experience to anyone interested in hiring a driver. Thank you so much Rebecca and Tom for making our day memorable.

Theresa and Alex