“Great service & quality food”

Gilligan's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Sketty
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
swansea
“Great service & quality food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff were extremely courteous and attentive . Atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. Good selection of starters & mains, with lots of variety. Very much enjoyed my first two courses, but slightly disappointed by the dessert (chocolate orange gateaux).

Overall, a good experience and would visit again.

SWANSEA
“fantastic”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A must try, had heard good reports from friends,didnt really fancy much on the menu, but food probably best weve had for a long time, up there with the best. if not the best. Friendly staff ,nothing I can complain about,will go back. Good value dont forget you can take your own wine and beer,soft drinks available not expensive like most places of this standard.

2 Thank DEANO47
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, friendly and quality dining”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I went here for a little celebration. I found the restaurant through Trip Advosr and read many good reviews, and having been Iid like to add to them!
We were warmly welcomed into our seats and asked if we had any drinks to be opened - they promote the BYOB policy they have. But don't fret, there are wines by the glass and bottle available, plus plenty of beer too.

We were given the evening menu, plus the specials, which all looked incredible. I had the beef filo pastry parcel, which was very tasty and crispy. Another one of the group had the pate, which came with plenty of toast. For the main course, I had the cod that came with a fantastic tangy and creamy sauce. The saute potatoes and vegetables were both very well cooked. The desserts were great too, not too sweet and well prepared.

A really good experience, and I would return soon if I lived in Swansea, but my parents have vowed to go back soon. Highly recommend!

2 Thank Catrin A
Swansea
“Excellent night out”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a lovely meal last night. The atmosphere was warm and friendly. The staff were very, very friendly, happy, helpful, and made us feel very welcome. The food was absolutely gorgeous, loads of choice from the menu and also from the specials board. All of the party I was with enjoyed their food. We were not rushed in any way which was very refreshing. I would certainly recommend booking as we went on a Wednesday night and it was packed. I will certainly be returning here very soon.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank melall
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent value, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went to the restaurant last night for the first time and wasn't disappointed. Good menu offering unpretentious food at excellent prices. 2 or 3 courses available Wednesday/Thursday from £16.95. Friendly, attentive staff who struck the right balance with their service.

This is just what Sketty has been crying out for and it was nice to see it full with a great atmosphere on a midweek night. I had the mushrooms starter and salmon off the specials board and both were great. The cod also looked very nice.

The BYO idea is spot on as it keeps the costs down, especially if going out it a group but at £3.50 for a large glass the house white was excellent.

Only change I would make is replacing the sweetcorn with something else like white cabbage but that's just my own personal preference and by no means detracts from an excellent meal.

Will be back without question.

• Visited May 2014