See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Merle and Richard were very welcoming and friendly, the room was very comfortable and breakfast was excellent. Good elevated view across the bay. Will certainly be the first people we call on our next visit.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I had to make a flying visit to Swansea to visit relatives and booked in with Merle and Richard.. Talk about a warm welcome and being made to feel part of the family. It was a real pleasure to put business their way, again ...... and i shall be back down this weekend for my mums 87th birthday party.

Merle and Richards breakfasts are legendary, it's a great way to start the day.

There's not a better B&B anywhere. The location is 5 mins from the beach, 5 mins from some great views in townhill, 10 mins from the city centre and mumbles.

No wonder so many repeat book!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2016

This was my third visit to Chatcoombe and have now slept in all their rooms Like everyone has said Merle and Richard are delightful hosts, friendly and efficient.
The breakfast is excellent- a beautiful platter of fresh fruit, today there were blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and lychee. Richard had remembered that I liked plain yogurt and went to bring one from the frig for me.
For me the location is perfect as I have cousins in the road behind and the road opposite, Next time I go to Swansea I'll be hoping to stay again.

Room tip: All good- but the room at the back while smaller is quieter.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2016

I booked for one night's stay with my son and my friend's daughter for the national swimming gala.
amazing, absolutely amazing!!
cannot recommend this B&B anymore highly!!
arrival amazing, swift, pleasant, friendly and thoughtful...
overnight stay, very comfy, quiet, exceptionally clean and again so thoughtful (little note passed under the door to remind the clocks going forward! )
breakfast fantastic, food was plentiful, beautifully presented and cooked to perfection
Mr and Mrs James so lovely, warming and genuinely the best hosts you'll ever meet!
Emma, James and Shauna x

Room tip: if your in Swansea, this place is a must!!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2016

We cannot visit Wales without staying at Chatcoombe B&B, it is like returning home to old friends. The little gem is run with perfection in every aspect. The rooms are lovely fresh and clean and very comfortable. The breakfast exceptional and the owners Richard and Merle just wonderful. We will be back!

Room tip: Merle and Richard can share a wealth of information on wonderful places to visit in and around Swansea
Date of stay: March 2016