“Peculiar by twilight zone standards” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Limari

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Limari
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ovalle
Santiago, Chile
“Peculiar by twilight zone standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Booking.com told me no rooms available. Orbitz assured me there was one, so I took it. It's me, two middle-aged ladies and the staff rattling around this place.
I managed to flag down a passing lady carrying some towels around who looked startled to be asked to open the bar. She scurried off to find keys, assured me that they did not have any umbrellas in the hotel so I would have to sit inside or in glaring mid-summer sun. We both peered forlornly into the bottom shelf of a dismal wine fridge for something local. She offered me Castillero. It's like being in the Napa Valley and someone offers you the best of the bargain bin at Walmart.
It is indeed an odd place. The staff all look mildly annoyed to be bothered by actual guests, and faintly surprised that we are here at all. If it were a $50 roadside motel (which, essentially, is what it is), it would be fine, but at three times that price for a room decorated by Boris Karloff's maiden aunt, it's just not good enough.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gavin P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

We spent the night here after touring Valle del Encanto and the Tabali winery (both I highly recommend). The hotel is very pleasant and quiet despite being close to a major road. The room was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The dining room is small but accommodating and the food was good. We had breakfast included in our stay and it provided us with enough options to get a good start on the day. The staff is friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable. The location is a bit far from the town center and there is little to do close by, but for a good meal and night’s sleep we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCP_NCH
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Overall our stay at Hotel Limari was pretty good... We slept well, the curtains did a good job at keeping the parking lot light out, and the food was very good. The surroundings, and bedding could have been a little better. The swimming pool was beautiful,,but I never saw anyone in it... I don't know maybe it was a little cold being spring.

Room Tip: Request a room faceing the back of the property for a "better" view. The forward facing ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed only one night at the Limarí Hotel, and boy did I like that place! The hotel is well located just outside the town of Ovalle. I was quite impressed with the Limarí when I walked into its spacious, lovely lobby.

Check-in was very smooth, thanks to the friendly and efficient hotel staff. It’s a two-story establishment without an elevator, but one of the staff persons will gladly help you with your luggage.

My second-floor room was very clean, spacious and quite comfortable. Plus its was air-conditioned, a real plus in the summer time (I visited there in Spring and didn’t need the air-con.) I had an extremely comfortable king-size bed, a flat-screen TV, several lamps, and nice cushioned bench for my rollerboard, and a large full-length mirror, plus a closet with plenty of hangers.

The bathroom had only a shower, plus the usual sink and commode. A few amenities (shampoo and soap) were provided along with several clean towels.

The hotel has an attractive outdoor pool, which isn’t large or very deep (about 5 feet deep), but I enjoyed it very much.

The meals at the hotel are reasonably priced, well prepared and served.

I very much enjoyed my short stay at the Hotel Limarí.

Room Tip: Get a second-floor room which should be quieter than on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

The good part
Hotel premises and common areas are lovely and spacious. Great outdoor area for the kids to run around and the alpaca is a bonus.

The hotel food was of excellent quality and value for money. The waiting staff were friendly and professional. The breakfast was included in the room price and was the best we had in Chile.

The not so good
The hotel common areas were cold. The wireless internet and phone coverage was useless. I had to walk around to find a spot with signal and not move from there. The common areas need a couch for guests to sit in instead of the fancy uncomfortable chairs. The hotel is over 2 levels and there's no lift and no person to take your suit cases upstairs.

Our room was very small with very little space to put our things. The room was missing essential items such as the hotel information brochure and the remote for the heater. The beds were also the most uncomfortable hotel beds I've experienced in Chile.

The man at the reception desk was not very pleasant and as the face of the hotel, he looked like the most unhappiest person around. He half heartedly offered to help take our bags upstairs but didn't bother moving from his desk. Trying to communicate with him was not the best expereince and it wasn't until I got annoyed and spoke in English that he started to be more attentive.

I'm rating the overall service as average only because of the high quality of their restaraunt staff and food, otherwise it would be poor. For nearly US$200 per night, we shouldn't have had so many issues. It was the most we paid for accommodation in Chile and next time we're in the Ovalle area, we'll probably try elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela M
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Like all business hotels a little coldish, but well located in the western side of Ovalle. The restaurant is expensive and without much selection.
I have been there since oct 2011 and the service (especially front desk) is getting better and professional, but the restaurant (and breakfast) service is amateurish an unprofessional ( or too friendly?).
I keep going as its the best in Ovalle

• Stayed February 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

A few miles outside of the town of Ovalles you come upon the Limari hotel - an unexpected suprise given what elsec there is in the town and surrounding area.

The hotel is thoroughly modern with very comfortable rooms, a very good restaurant and extremely accommodating staff.

Would definitely stay again if I come back to the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovalle
Hacienda Santa Cristina
Hostal David Perry
Hostal David Perry
#3 of 5 in Ovalle
No photo provided

Been to Hotel Limari? Share your experiences!