“GO FOR THIS COSY LOCAL PLACE in a beautiful village!”
Review of Hotel DeFive

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hotel DeFive
Ranked #2 of 2 Berdorf B&B and Inns
Wilrijk, Antwerpen, Belgium
“GO FOR THIS COSY LOCAL PLACE in a beautiful village!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed one week in hotel DeFive and had dinner in their restaurant.
We experienced a cosy restaurant and a sympathetic family, they were very helpful to their clients.
The 4 menus that we tasted were fine and we appreciated the ice-cream dessert.

We never expected such friendly hosts! An example: one day I had to see a doctor because of my foot, and the host called the docter for me, he gave the instructions how to get there, he even lend me crutches and afterwards they asked me everyday how my foot was.

The rooms are also fine and very clean. We even had free wifi and a TV.

If we could, we would have stayed longer than a week! We had a very good time there! If you are bored with big unfriendly hotels, GO FOR THIS COSY LOCAL PLACE in a beautiful village!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Not sure where to start? so will just give you some advice; this place is terrible, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!.
We had been travelling through Luxembourg with the kids for a few days and all had been great until we arrived in Berdorf to stay at the Hotel Defive, should be renamed "Hotel De dive".
The first thing we were confronted with was the cloud of smoke from the front door to the first floor even though in August 2006 Luxembourg banned smoking in public bars and restaurants.

The kids room had a broken TV and a shower cubicle with no shower hose or shower head in it; The hotelier said "Oh yeah I forgot that!". They did however have another available room for the kids with a shower and working TV; So now with two rooms(niether very good), showers and TV sorted for the evening we visited the local chinese restaurant for a nice meal and glass of wine, good food and good prices all going well, at least i thought so until we returned to the rooms to find them both freezing.
The heating had recently stopped working; my mood slightly loosened by the glasses of red wine we enjoyed over dinner allowed this to slide until the morning when I promised myself I would confront the hotelier, covered in the smell of smoke but warmed by the wine I slept well, nice and quiet if not the most comfortable of beds.

We all came down for breakfast expecting the usual continental style breakfast or options but no, it was just croisants and cheese not even the traditional/local breakfast choices of meats and breads...shocking, possibly worst ever, the hotelier was absolutely no use at all.

Overall rubbish, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: NO good rooms