“cheap and surpisingly good”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
cardiff
“cheap and surpisingly good”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel was recommended by a Vietnamese colleague. I didn’t check the price beforehand.

At check in I was shown a large room which was very clean with good sized bathroom and shower

Lots of toiletries near the basin

The air coin was a bit too noisy but apart from that the bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a good nights sleep

The surprise came when I checked out,. The room rate was 300,000vnd per night

Highly recommended

Room Tip: its in a quiet central area
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank lightupthedarkness

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

In late December last year, I went along with my immediate family to my parent's heritage country of Vietnam, and was based mainly in Saigon. But we had to go to Ba Ria (mum's old home town) where for custom we had to go through a ceremony starting from her home, to then go from there back into Saigon for my younger brother's wedding. Before that, we stayed a couple of nights at Galaxy Hotel, which is a more modern-style hotel by Vietnam standard's. It does the job, had bigger-sized rooms with a queen and single-bed, great showers, toilet and views overlooking the main road of the town, by the way is a lot more cleaner and wider than the two big cities of the country. The staff always kept it clean, and helped out, but their English was limited and servicable to Aussie guys like us. If my mum and dad didn't know Ba Ria, we might've had a worse time, but we enjoyed it there. The two drawbacks at this hotel was the hardness of the beds, and the old-school box-style TV sets, but we ain't too concerned because not every place can afford high-def LED TV's. I would recommend people to stay there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
#42 of 71 in Vung Tau
Alma Oasis Long Hai
Alma Oasis Long Hai
#1 of 4 in Long Hai

Been to Galaxy Hotel? Share your experiences!