“Lovely food, lovely room”

The Curlew Cafe and Crafts
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Kerrykeel
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 6 days a week; closed on Tuesdays.
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food, lovely room”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was in Donegal with my husband and two small children for 5 days in August 2014 and we all came here with our two friends twice in that time as the meal was so good. The crab, lobster and smoked salmon open sandwiches were all fantastic and the kids enjoyed paninis, pancakes and ice cream. The owner is so easy going and great with kids and overall this is just the perfect place to have lunch. I wouldn't bother with the desserts myself if I went back as the two I had were disappointing. I'll just have lunch with wine!

• Visited August 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Homemade Fare”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visited today and have been many times before. Went with a group of five and I had the Open Lobster Sandwich, three had the Seafood Chowder and one the Tomato and Herb soup. Everything was fantastic, full of flavour and tasted homemade which was great.

The Curlew itself is decorated with local crafts and art which are available for purchase. It has character and an extremely homely feel, which is lovely.

Will be back as soon as possible.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank IrishWanderlust96
“Beautiful Food, so fresh”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I was staying in Rockhill holiday Park which is near the Curlew and they recommended the Curlew.

The owner said that it was the best food in the area and I can assure you he was right.

The salads and the soup were all home made.

You have to try it when you are in the area.

I will be back against in August can't wait

2 Thank rockhill1
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lemon Drizzle to die for!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Called in on our way home for a coffee and something small to eat, and we're glad we did! So homely and delicious! Set in a lovely old house with plenty of crafts available to buy, this place has character

1 Thank Eoin S
Belfast
“What a find!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just a great place with gorgeous fresh sea food and quirky crafts. Not to be missed and such a bonus to have a place like this in rural Donegal. Nuala, the owner is a national treasure!

Visited July 2014