I can't say enough about how much we loved staying at the Nonsuch Bay Resort. We stayed for a week with our 2 10-year-old boys in a beachfront cottage in mid-April. Our cottage was beautiful, clean and had everything we could need. We especially loved that every room had double doors that opened onto a large deck off the back of the cottage looking right onto the beach and bay. The resort is in a very remote location, which was a positive for us. It is quiet and low-key, not a bustling resort. If you are looking for a resort "scene", this is not the place for you. We found it to be the perfect place to get away from it all.
We found the food at the restaurant to be excellent and the service friendly. We did not experience the long waiting times that others have commented about. Yes, the service was slower than at a US city restaurant, but we enjoyed not being rushed and having leisurely meals. We did not find the waits to be too long, even with our kids. Given the remote location, it would be helpful if they added some more choices to the dinner menu. The lunch menu was great and had a lot of variety. Harmony Hall restaurant is close to the resort, but we found the food at the onsite restaurant to be better than Harmony Hall. The next closest place to go to dinner is English Harbor. But, since it is a good 30 min drive on dark, windy somewhat confusing roads, we chose to only go to English Harbor once during our stay.
We rented a car, and will do so again when we return next time. It is a quick drive to Half Moon Bay, which was absolutely beautiful. Our kids enjoyed the 3 onsite pools, and it was particularly nice that the onsite beach is in the shade in the late afternoon when we were all ready to get out of the sun.
We had a wonderful week at Nonsuch Bay and cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nonsuch Bay Resort nestles in forty exotic acres of the stunning bay carved out of the southeast of Antigua; embraced by lush tropical hills, a uniquely private and serene setting, a tranquil haven and home to wildlife including dolphins and turtles. Pure relaxation is blended with out-an-out adrenalin, and the finest luxuries with the simplest of pleasures. Resort facilities comprise a dramatically positioned restaurant, 3 infinity swimming pools, seclude sandy beach, 30 sailboats and tuition, kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUPs and spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, West Indies, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonsuch Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonsuch Bay Hotel Freetown
- Nonsuch Bay Resort Antigua/Freetown