Leaving a cold and miserable UK for a little sun and relaxation was the top of our list when choosing a destination and Nonsuch Bay proved to be the perfect choice.
We were fortunate enough to have prior knowledge of the isolated location so had shopped on our way from the airport, providing enough supplies for the odd breakfast / supper, and for our drinks on the blacony, if we did not wish to venture further. As luck would have it the apartment we had was in the best position, overlooking the beach and sea, one of the pools, and over the bay to the main buiding which houses the bar and restaurant. The apartment was superb, well fitted with one of the best beds I have slept in,rooms are light, large and airy with a huge balcony. We are walkers and found the hill over to the other side of the development which houses the larger villas, challenging. There is nothing on that side so we would have been disappointed had we been placed there.
Although we ventured out for lunches and to explore the island, it being our first visit to Antiqua, we did use the bar / restaurant several times - the staff were fabulous and the food adequate
We are not sailors but the added benefit of these facilities cannot be underestimated as they provide much fun for young and old, and it's a great spectator sport!
The two main swimming pools, with comfortable loungers and plenty of parasols, are enough for the size of the resort - the water refreshing but not cold.
We'll be in Barbados in May but how I wish it were another trip to Antiqua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nonsuch Bay Resort nestles in forty exotic acres of the stunning bay carved out of the southeast of Antigua; embraced by lush tropical hills, a uniquely private and serene setting, a tranquil haven and home to wildlife including dolphins and turtles. Pure relaxation is blended with out-an-out adrenalin, and the finest luxuries with the simplest of pleasures. Resort facilities comprise a dramatically positioned restaurant, 3 infinity swimming pools, seclude sandy beach, 30 sailboats and tuition, kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUPs and spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Otel, Booking.com, Odigeo, West Indies, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonsuch Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonsuch Bay Hotel Freetown
- Nonsuch Bay Resort Antigua/Freetown