As part of our tour of Antigua we stayed here for 2 nights arriving by jeep (rental). Before hand I was unsure of what to expect and booked mainly for the sailing, we are in our late 20s and like relaxing but also with activities. When we arrived the resort looked huge but quietly built into a steep cove overlooking the large bay. We were greeted by the manager and rum punch while booking in and then shown to our room.
The rooms, which are actually apartments, are huge, 1st floor. Enormous lounge with dining table, plenty of seating, very modern kitchen, huge king-size bed, even bigger bathroom with jet bath tub. There was a huge rap around balcony lovely to have breakfast on, overlooking infinity pool and bay. These apartments could fit a large family and they are just for 2 people! It seems the hotel manages most rooms but a lot of the smaller apartments are owned privately.
We didn't have the half-board option. Decided just to have dinner at the restaurant. The restaurant was amazing. Best food we had in Antigua and this is reflected in the price but well worth it. The Service was exceptional. Expect 25% taxes and service on top of every price you see. We were invited to a managers cocktail party with complimentary wines to try, good to talk to people. It was pre-high season but still a good mixture of guests. Mainly 40-60s with a few younger couples.
Pools were great and big enough for swimming a few lengths. The restaurant pool has an amazing view but does catch the breeze. Good for sipping a cocktail. The beach is good (probably man made). The sailing was great. I recommend the Hobie cat. It was so fast and we had great wind. Beached at green Island which was beautiful for a little walk. The guys on the water are great, they prep everything for you and keep a look out incase you're having any trouble. Go for the pre-booked sailing package, it is great value.
Overall this place is great and relaxing, amazing service, apartments, sailing, food. Would stay 4 days max (but we like to keep moving). Good for couples (off-season). Also, there are no local shops so make sure you stock up in St Johns if you want to self-cater. Half moon bay is an amazing beach round the corner so rent a car. Dirt track is not that bad. Recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nonsuch Bay Resort nestles in forty exotic acres of the stunning bay carved out of the southeast of Antigua; embraced by lush tropical hills, a uniquely private and serene setting, a tranquil haven and home to wildlife including dolphins and turtles. Pure relaxation is blended with out-an-out adrenalin, and the finest luxuries with the simplest of pleasures. Resort facilities comprise a dramatically positioned restaurant, 3 infinity swimming pools, seclude sandy beach, 30 sailboats and tuition, kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUPs and spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonsuch Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonsuch Bay Hotel Freetown
- Nonsuch Bay Resort Antigua/Freetown