Accommodation is mostly in large privately owned appartments which have been furnished to a very high standard. The restaurant is probably one of the best on Antigua although the menu didn't change during the week we were there. (Jan. 2011) There was a good choice of wines, with red wines being served at the correct temperature rather than the usual hot Caribbean temperature. As there were not many other guests at the resort when we were there we had the infinity pools and the beach almost to ourselves. This is a very quiet resort with no nightlife, but superb food - ideal if that's what you want from a holiday.
They have a brand new fleet of dinghies, catamarans and small keel boats which can all be sailed singlehandedly or with crew in the large open sailing area of Nonsuch Bay. With a constant strong breeze, the sailing conditions do tend to favour the more experienced sailer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nonsuch Bay Resort nestles in forty exotic acres of the stunning bay carved out of the southeast of Antigua; embraced by lush tropical hills, a uniquely private and serene setting, a tranquil haven and home to wildlife including dolphins and turtles. Pure relaxation is blended with out-an-out adrenalin, and the finest luxuries with the simplest of pleasures. Resort facilities comprise a dramatically positioned restaurant, 3 infinity swimming pools, seclude sandy beach, 30 sailboats and tuition, kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUPs and spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nonsuch Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonsuch Bay Hotel Freetown
- Nonsuch Bay Resort Antigua/Freetown