“Best school/favourite new sport!”

40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.00*
and up
Kitesurfing Test Lesson in Nonsuch Bay
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing and windsurfing tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience.
The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
Cote d'Azur, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best school/favourite new sport!”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I've been to 4 different schools and 40 Knots is by far and away the best. The venue they've chosen is perfect for beginners and the instruction is excellent. Previous brief lessons had me in control of the kite but not riding; with 40 knots I got my water start sorted quickly and was up and riding! I think the instructors were even more excited than I was!
Really great instruction, they make you feel like you're part of the family, and never forget about safety.
My wife then followed me and she's up and riding as well, which is a fantastic thing as she was about to lose me to my new sport but now we can kite together! thanks again to Max, Irene, Chris, & Susie.

Visited January 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I vacationed in Antigua last June and stayed at the Nonsuch Bay Resort. Despite being a life long sailor, I've never been able to get the hang of kitesurfing. My wife was assured by the instructors that she would have a great time and that she should try it. We both took lessons and had a blast. I was very excited to be able to get up on the board after just a short while...largely due to the great instruction.

40 Knots has an awesome setup with taking people out to Green Island and launching from such a beautiful spot. I hope that we will be able to return again soon and will certainly be back for more kiteboarding lessons and fun!

Visited June 2012
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“The 40 Knots Family”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I'm lucky enough to have had the privilege of two kiting holidays with 40 Knots. Both of which were equally amazing and pivotal to building my kiting skills.

Max, Irene, Chris, Sus and Vaughn are really an incredible team. They naturally promote a glowing safe but entertaining style of instruction.

Each instructors passion and commitment to their students' enjoyment of the sport is evident from there willingness to assist anyone at anytime. Even when they are passing in a tender, or in the middle of their lunch break, the guys and girls are full of valuable encouragement and tips. Additionally, Max (often to be found eating biscuits in the 40 Knots beach-side Shop) will offer you free advice on anything (relating to kiting or not) based on his vast but humble knowledge and experience of kiting.

With regards to the location, Nonsuch Bay and Green Island comprise a perfect spot for Caribbean kiting. On week days Green Island offers a deserted island serenity and at weekends a social scene of all different ages all with one common passion. Nonsuch Bay is a large and picturesque bay lying just to leeward of Green Island. It provides a vast training ground to practise your mistakes and sea-water intake or a lengthy downwind cruise at the end of the day.

Seeing the instructors teach other people on and off the beach it was incredible to see the versatility of their teaching style. They seem to be able to tailor their techniques to work efficiently with each and every age, experience and character. Therefore I would actively encourage anyone regardless of age or experience to kite with 40 Knots at Green Island. (I enjoyed my time with 40 Knots this winter so much that I actually delayed my flight by a week in order to get seven more days of kiting in!)

Most notable though, is the way in which Max, Irene, Chris, Sus and Vaughn will entertain you come rain or shine, breeze or calm and welcome you make you feel part of their family.

A massive thanks to a great team and I can literally hardly wait the eight months until I'm back!

Nic

Visited April 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“All that I hoped for”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We (girlfriend and I) where searching for a kitesurf vacation. After carefull research, I came upon 40knots school in Antigua. I've taken kitesurfing lessons before, but the instructors haven't always been that reliable.

What a pleasent surprise this team of Italian and German instructors turned out to be! I took lessons with Irene, Suzie and Chris, and they all provided the same high quality training, great amount of patience, encouragement and knowledge of their sport.

As a plus, the spot (Nonsuch Bay) is amazing.

Can't wait to go back and start practicing some jumps !

Thanks alot guys and see ya soon !

Cynthia and Juan (Argentina)

Visited December 2012
Queensbury, New York
“awesome school”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have taken lessons a couple of different times over the winter, Irene and crew are professional, stressing safety but at the same time they make it a blast .Their venue is amazing with conditoins that are epic. I willl be going back in November and am looking forward to continuing my lessons

Visited January 2013