40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing and windsurfing tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience.
The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I had the opportunity to take part in a kite camp with 40Knots. The company is one of the most professional I have had the pleasure of dealing with. They promptly answered all questions I had before the booking. The professionalism continued during my week. The location, Green Island, is spectacular and an ideal location to learn to kite. Lots of area to learn and not feel like you are in the way of anybody. The water is just amazing!

I had the privileged of meeting Chris and Suzie of 40knots, 2 of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever meet. From the second I met them, they made you feel like you were a member of their family. I had the great fortune of having Suzie as my instructor for the whole week. She s just amazing and a natural born instructor. Her ability to adjust to her students' abilities and goals is amazing! She went beyond and above to ensure that I succeeded. Her caring personality, patience and ability to take he intimidation factor away from learning a new sport is not something you encounter very often I still remember my first time getting up and riding and hearing Suzie's (and Chris from shore) cheers above the howling wind! Every day I felt like I wanted to get up and ride as much for her as for me. When things went awry, as they often did, she was right there beside me to provide useful instructions. Her background as a nurse came in handy when I developed blisters all over my hands (from an over enthusiastic holding on to the bar) and managed to get me a pair of gloves used by sailors. Because of that I was able to finish my week of lessons! Their generosity in taking me out the day I was leaving, free of charge, speaks volume about how they truly are! I absolutely recommend this school. I look forward to kiting with them again!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

40 Knots is definately one of the best kite boarding outfits in the Carribean which gets top grades in every area. Instructors are passionate about their jobs and clearly want their students to progress - I've been to other kiteschools where its just about getting my money, here was the opposite - 'high fives' from everyone in the 40 Knots family when I came back ashore after Susie got be up and riding consistenly. Equipment is excellent, both in terms of kites and boats. And lastly, the venue is incredible - the base is located at a great resort with a fabalous restaurant overlooking the bay (kept my spouse and baby very happy while I was out on the water) - and green island is awesome - pristine beach for launching, excellent winds, and the gorgeous 'carribean blue' water which makes for some great pictures. Thank you guys and can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We (beginner & advanced beginner) had a great time with 40 knots. The spot (Green Island) is stunning and has best kite conditions. The instructors are very patient and never lack of new tips or ideas to teach you. Very helpful (especially for beginner) is that they have several speed boats. So the instructor was very close to us (e.g. during first waterstarts) and could always give direct information to help you. Another advantage for beginners is the huge bay. You don’t have to break your lessons with walking back on the beach. You can retry many times different things without interrupt, so you get maximum watertime. As long as you are not able to ride upwind, they can bring you back to start with the speed boat. Furthermore, you receive new tips and instructions during the boat ride. We both progressed daily. And not to forget - We had a lot of fun.
We can fully recommend 40 knots and will return without any hesitation.
Thanks a lot to Chris, Susi, Irene & Max for this unforgettable week!

Gabi & Oli (Switzerland)

Reviewed 27 May 2013

40 knots has a great team and the instruction is fantastic. maximum 2/3 pupils per instructor makes it worth the money. Perfect venue and friendly patient teachers with top notch equipment.
I'll be back! Thank you guys.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I've been to 4 different schools and 40 Knots is by far and away the best. The venue they've chosen is perfect for beginners and the instruction is excellent. Previous brief lessons had me in control of the kite but not riding; with 40 knots I got my water start sorted quickly and was up and riding! I think the instructors were even more excited than I was!
Really great instruction, they make you feel like you're part of the family, and never forget about safety.
My wife then followed me and she's up and riding as well, which is a fantastic thing as she was about to lose me to my new sport but now we can kite together! thanks again to Max, Irene, Chris, & Susie.