“No better place to learn to kite!”

40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.00*
and up
Kitesurfing Test Lesson in Nonsuch Bay
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing and windsurfing tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience. The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
London, United Kingdom
“No better place to learn to kite!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I started learning to kitesurf with Susie at 40 knots last year and really enjoyed myself and thought that everything about the school was brilliant. Since then I have been on two other kiting holidays to Mombasa in Kenya and to Fuerteventura. These two other holidays were great, but only served to reinforce how awesome the 40 knots guys are. On the other holidays I dealt with sea urchins, huge waves, scarily busy beaches, uninterested and rude instructors and miles of struggling to walk up beaches with my kite.
Coming back to Nonsuch Bay was like coming home. Everyone was so welcoming and so interested in everything I'd been up to. One lesson with Chris and I was up and flying along - I probably made more progress in those two hours than in both of the previous holidays put together. After the rest of the week too I can now call myself a kitesurfer.
All the 40 knots kit is brand new, all the members of the team are so genuinely interested in helping you improve, if I could give the guys 6 out of 5 I would.
This is the way to learn to kitesurf feeling like a VIP!!! Everyone should learn here.
Am missing everyone so much!! :o)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The best place in the world to learn to kitesurf!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I heard about 40 knots from friends who kitesurf. I had done it a couple of times and wanted to learn, so went out to Antigua and booked lessons with a friend of mine in a similar situation. We were not disappointed! A combination of the natural features of the location, the Caribbean weather and most importantly the quality and friendliness of the instructors make 40 knots the best place to learn - in my opinion above all other locations we had considered globally. The lagoon provides flat water, the wind is consistently strong, the sea is warm (which believe me means the face plants and water swallowing is less painful.....). And there is hardly anyone about (very handy when you are learning, unlike many other places where I've seen kitesurfers). The location is idyllic - beautiful blue seas and lovely islands surround you. The equipment is also very high quality (not that that mattered for us beginners too much), and the style of teaching quite unique - we had the instructor take us out on a rib, and follow us closely behind as we learned, getting real-time instructions. We had Irene and then Cara (thanks ladies - you were fab), but met the other instructors who all seemed awesome too. We had a set of three lessons and loved it so much we booked another set of three. We also felt very safe with Irene and Cara. So sad to have to leave - but definitely will be coming back - and there's not many places in the world I love so much that I would return rather than go somewhere new!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic staff, fantastic location”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

A friend and I had beginner/improver lessons for a week - both the instructors we had (Irena and Cara) were brilliant teachers, and the rest of the instructors were super helpful and friendly. A great set up with the instructor out next to you in a rib, so you get on the water coaching and feel safe at all times, though you're encouraged to be as independent as possible so you learn quickly. Totally recommend as a place to learn - or as a place for experienced riders. The good kite surfers in our group could either take their own kit or rent and go out on a slightly different part of the bay and loved it.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great location, great lesson... Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Wind picked up and I booked a last minute kiting lesson with 40 knots (November). I'm an intermediate and have used kite schools in quite a few places in the world and I have to say 40 knots is about the best I've seen. Had a lesson with Chris out at Green island and then a downwinder back to the resort. Chris and all the staff are passionate about their business and the sport and it shows. The kit and instruction was first class. Highly recommended. I'll certainly be going back next time I'm in Antigua !

Visited November 2013
perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best windsurfing experience ever”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I found Chris so patient when teaching my son and I at Nonsuchbay. The whole experience was wonderful , I will return to this resort to do more windsurfing.
Thanks again Chris you are a great teacher.
Sarah