“Bit of a let down recently”

Fron Goch Garden Centre & Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh, Healthy
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fron Goch Garden Centre is owned and run by the Williams family. Robin and wife Valerie were the original entrepreneurs and have been joined by their children Justin & Mel Fron Goch sells a range of homegrown bedding & hardy plants, garden tools and accessories. Within the centre we have a GCA National Award Winning Family Friendly Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a farm shop, pet accessories and a large gift & home interiors section.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Bit of a let down recently”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting fron goch for years and eating in the cafe, I haven't been impressed the last couple of times I've been, the panini's seem to be over cooked and take an age to arrive, my husband had finished his lunch and we waited a further 15 mins for mine to arrive and it wasn't all that busy. Prices are a bit extreme, restaurant prices for cafe food but I suppose they have captive customers. Won't be going back for a while

Visited February 2014
1 Thank upsadaisy70

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lunching Ladies!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was up in Anglesey, visiting my mother and had to go Caernarfon. Whilst there we decided to get something for lunch and Mum asked me where we could go. I remembered visiting Fron Goch with other members of the family and took her there as she had never been.
We arrived about 12.15 pm and it was a Friday...so I knew it would be busy as it has a good reputation. The closest car parking and disabled spaces were all full so I had to drop Mum off by the entrance as she is disabled. That really is the only gripe...wish there were more spaces for the disabled near the entrance.
After a quick visit to the loobeloo...Kept clean and tidy, we were ready for lunch. There was a good selection of hot meals: freshly cut ham on the bone, curry, soup - we both chose salmon fish cakes with veg and tartare sauce. The main dish is served then you help yourself to as much veg as you need. It is hard to keep hot dishes hot in any sort of carvery, but the fish cakes were piping hot and absolutely delish. The vegetables were warm not hot, but very tasty. Not a morsel left on either plate. The place itself was bustling and quite noisy, busy in the restaurant with peeps having coffee and sumptuous cakes as well as the hot dishes. The waiting staff were kept busy cleaning and coearing tables. The garden centre was bustling too and as all the wares are set out well, and look inviting, it's easy to spend time and money there!
We were full to the brim after a cup of tea, that we couldn't have eaten any puddings, however, Mum was very taken with the fish cakes, so I asked if I could buy some...we could at a price! Not cheap, but worth it for my Mum. Very well done to the happy smiling staff there on both food counters and to whoever makes the fish cakes and a lovely girl called Elli. :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank KWils1
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“A little disappointing :(”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I've been here a few times & have normally enjoyed it. The cafe is very attractive, the staff always nice, however I have found of late that I don't enjoy it as much. The worst thing was though was finding ham in my cheese and onion roll. Look I know this can happen, I'm not normally fussy, but being a veggie, it was not good. Decor still good. I won't hold a grudge

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Shar M
“Family friendly”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Very popular and busy cafe. We are local to the area and visit often. Prices tend to be on the expensive side. 4.50 for a children's 5 item picnic type lunch that usually consists of half a sandwich-crisps, yoghurt, raisins, rice crispie cakes etc. Fruit choices are quite poor for the kids.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wms123
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely lunch of salad & quiche even if quiche slightly expensive 3.50 if you chose without salad. Very busy most tables full but waitresses quick in cleaning tables hot food looked nice but the salad bar always tempts me with the lovely homemade coleslaw. Will definitely visit again soon

• Visited November 2013