“Awesome day climbing”
Review of RockUp-Climbing

RockUp-Climbing
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Goodwick
More attraction details
Owner description: RockUp-Climbing is Pembrokeshire’s premier climbing specialist, offering a wide range of climbing courses and experiences.
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I booked a halfs day climbing for me and my 7 year old daughter as we'd never been climbing before. On arrival Brett was really nice and reassuring to my daughter he even had climbing shoes to fit her tiny feet. We started with a bit of bouldering to warm up and my daughter was flying round the rocks. We then went to climb with ropes Brett rigged us up showing us the knots and then we climbed my daughter was really good and got to the top on the first go coming down was a little scary at first but once you did it once it was ok. We then advanced to the opposite side of cliff where we had to decend first to just above sea then climb back up this was quite scary but accilirating at the same time. My daughter was quite scared at this climb so Brett offered to go with her but she was still too scared. Brett then asked if she'd like to do a bit more bouldering to which he let her lead us around rocks she loved this feeling of being in charge. All in all it was a fun day which was helped by Brett being an awesome guide even getting me and my daughter tying our own knots by the end would highly reccomend to anyone who wants to try something new and exciting. Brett catered for both our needs expertly many thanks for a fun afternoon climbing.

1  Thank Dai234
Brett F, Owner at RockUp-Climbing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for the kind review. We strive to offer a fun day out for everyone and it's great to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your climbing experience. It was lovely to meet you both and you climbed well. Do keep in touch, as there is always more rock to climb! Brett

All reviews
"my daughter"
in 4 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"questions"
"practice"
"rocks"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wow, what a fabulous location to climb. The breathtaking scenery was made all the better by the lack of other people even at peak season. It was a new experience for us climbing over the sea and the climbs were just challenging enough for us without being too scary The rock was quite different to climb from holds in a climbing gym but even the smallest of holds felt quite positive.
Brett did a great job assessing our climbing ability and tailoring the routes accordingly. We felt very confident in his safe rigging of the climbing gear. Brett was great company and gave the children just enough encouragement.
We will definitely be returning for another days climbing when we visit next year!

Thank you for your review Ailsa. It was great to meet you and your family and have a fun day out climbing with you all. Looking forward to taking you back out to explore more of the Pembrokeshire coast, climbing 'real rock' ....so do contact us next year :) Brett.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I don't think words can describe how much I enjoyed my day climbing with Brett. It was the first time I had been climbing in a number of years and it was the first time I had ever climbed on a sea cliff. It was a day of firsts and once Brett saw what I could do we progressed to some more difficult climbs including a multi pitch traverse that was just awesome. Brett was a really nice and generous guy and he helped me out alot that day. I wouldn't hesitate to book another day climbing with him if I am ever in the area again.

Brett F, Manager at RockUp-Climbing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

It was great to welcome you to Rock up Climbing and introduce you to some of the sea cliffs of Pembrokeshire. Thank you for your review and it would be wonderful to welcome you back, so do keep in touch if you visit Pembrokeshire again. Brett.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Brett - thanks for a very enjoyable afternoons climbing at St Davids. You were great taking Thomas (age 12) through introductory steps of scrambling and short climbs before we ventured out onto something bigger. We both enjoyed ourselves and look forward to the next time !

ian and thomas

Brett F, Owner at RockUp-Climbing, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thanks Ian, for your review - it was great to meet you and Thomas and glad you had a good afternoon climbing. Hope you have a good rest of the summer and please do keep in touch as it would be lovely to introduce you to more Pembrokeshire climbs. Brett :)