“Great birthday meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went last night for my birthday treat, this was our second visit to this resturant, although it is mainly an indian resturant, which was the food we had on our fist visit, when the food was well presented and the the taste was excellent, service was also very good.
this time all four of us decided to go for the Greek selection from the menu and oh yes what a find, although there are not many items to choose from on the menu we all had something different, I had the lamb on the bone for my main meal the nicest meal I have had for a long time.
Again the service was excellent the presentation was also excellent, will we go back YES

DEH

3  Thank Emlyn H
There are newer reviews for Quay Fine Dining

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Fine Dining? Never in a million years. The only fine the proprietors of this establishment could expect is for being prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions act!
Despite being tucked away in the corner of a downmarket Morrisons car park, first impressions on entering the restaurant are not too foreboding. True, they have squeezed too many tables into a very small space so that you are constantly being jostled to let people pass by, but the décor is ok (if a little predictable) & the menus are a weighty affair. From here though it all goes very rapidly downhill. Rice? Not too difficult you would think for an Indian restaurant, so why should it take nearly five minutes to break apart the solid lumps that the rice had congealed into? And as for the curry sauce (allegedly a house special), it tasted suspiciously like it had come straight from a budget supermarket jar.
Desserts fared no better I’m afraid. The cheesecake (again claiming to be something of a house special) turned out to be a bland tasteless mess with what I take to be the ‘special’ bit being a Ferrero Rocher plonked strangely on top! Honestly, you had to see it! You do save a few bob due to the fact the restaurant has no alcohol licence (take your own wine) but the downside is that there is a constant stream of customers nipping mid meal to the supermarket next door & returning with a party pack of Special Brew. Classy!

There are many far better restaurants in the area than this so, as you will guess, I will not be hurrying back!

11  Thank AKP61
Anikalame, Owner at Quay Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate constructive criticism however it is unfortunate that you could not notify us of all the issues you had with your meal on the night. We take pride in looking after our customers during their experience at Quay Fine Dining which is why after the food is served we ask all our customers if they are happy with their meal. From lighting to temperature to where the customers are sat, we do our best to give our customers a true fine dining experience so at present we don't quite understand where we went wrong with your evening. If it takes 5 minutes to break through the rice then I guarantee you one of our waiters would have noticed this when they asked you 3 minutes after the food was served, if everything was okay. As for our curry sauce, I don't know what budget buy1 get 1 free curries you're used to but we can assure you that our curries are freshly made as soon as the order has been put through. Finally, desserts. What's special about the forrero rocher cheesecake is that it's completely homemade. Apologies if my baking is not quite up to your standards but if you have a look at the other reviews I think you'll find that it's very popular with everyone else.... Again you clearly failed to mention any of your issues on the night so I can only invite you again to the restaurant in the hope of changing your views of Quay Fine Dining. Thank you for custom.
Management

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Was in the area, did a search via this site, great food and great service. Would go back again when next in the area.

2  Thank matt.hut
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Thursday 19 June, My first thought was, is the location of this restaurant a hindrance or a help, then we went inside, This restaurant really works! From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly, welcoming and attentive but not overbearing. The overall ambience was really good but most importantly the food! It was fabulous. Would I go again - try stopping me.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have visited this redtaurant this evening to (tuesday) celebrate a friends birthday, we originally booked a table for 10 people but there was actually 11 of us, they were very accommodating when we arrived and very friendly, all I can say is excellent service, excellent food, excellent atmosphere and an excellent night - Thankyou Quay Fine Dining